The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss (/showthread.php?tid=3796)

Pages: 1 2

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - Dinosaur - 21st March 2011

Why is it that film/tv always shows Roman legionaries as grubbier than my workforce? Were all the bathhouses just built for later archaeologists to play with?}Smile

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - mpoole - 21st March 2011

The Romans didn't have wheelbarrows, so they used soldiers to carry everything?

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - Dinosaur - 21st March 2011

Maybe the bath-houses all just developed cracks and proved too expensive to run? - but at least they looked good, judging by the one at Wallsend.....

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - sean the sheep - 28th March 2011

I heard the IX Legion came to Newcastle for a stag doo and were beaten up by the local women

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - sean the sheep - 28th March 2011

I dug on the site of the one at Wallsend. I think the original one was in the shipyards near the Ship in the Hole pub.

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - Dinosaur - 28th March 2011

Nope, think just outside...either that or under the spoil heap from the 2000 dry dock enlargement, don't have my file with me unfortunately (think I was the last person looking for the Branch Wall in Swan Hunters so need to know these things)

If they were stupid enough to head down the Bigg Market of a Friday night what were they expecting?....could explain their disappearance though, expect there are a few still locked in cupboards as sex-slaves up the West End }Smile

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - deadlylampshade - 29th March 2011

Probably still dancing in the floating night club....or Leg Endz

Swan Hunters eh? That takes me back...Wink

The Roman Ninth Legion's mysterious loss - Dinosaur - 29th March 2011

If they've been in there that would explain a lot....probably all still queuing for the little legionary's latrine....presumably no warning to stick to the amphorae in the Latin edition of the guide book? }Smile

Swans is a bit flat and windswept since all the buildings and cranes disappeared, very strange working in their carpark last year with an unobstructed view of the Tyne :face-crying:

Sean - found my dog-eared copy of the monograph (although in my defence it was the display copy from the museum shop so had been mauled by hundreds of school-children before I got to it ...cut-price anyway), the bathhouse is thought to lie under that funny bit of land south (downslope) of The Ship leading down to the riverside in between the Swan Hunter and Neptune yards