The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Whats Good about PPS5 - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Whats Good about PPS5 (/showthread.php?tid=3565)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Whats Good about PPS5 - kevin wooldridge - 12th December 2010

I don't want to get involved in the bitching.... but on the subject of CPD, there are plenty of areas where 'mud-shovelers' can be developing skills and abilities, without leaving the field. It might be to acquire survey skills, geophysics competence or acquiring finds or environmental competence. Having been through the 'redundancy' exercise several times, it is often possession of supplementary skills that can keeps a member of field staff in work when the less able are encouraged 'to seek opportunites elsewhere'...

Whats Good about PPS5 - BAJR - 13th December 2010

Indeed Kevin is quite right - I am getting ready to train people in Total Station survey, as this indeed makes them much more useful for retaining... sad but true, the more skills you have the more chance you have in keeping your job.

Whats Good about PPS5 - Dinosaur - 13th December 2010

I have absolutely no problem with people doing courses that make them better at their job (a 'learning to dig' course would be a handy starting point for some 'experienced' diggers, but that's already been argued out on another thread....) - but I notice no one has leapt to the defence of NVQ1 Health and Safety? Most of the 'basic' courses that people are sent on are so basic as to be pointless, as any potential employer would realise. And I'm not entirely convinced that an EH dayschool on slags would count as a transferrable skill.........

Have to admit I haven't bothered to upgrade to survey equipment with buttons - that's what proper full-time surveyors who actually know what they are doing are for.... :face-stir:

.....and anyway theodolites, tacheometers and the like are so much more fun (or is that my brass fetish showing?) Smile

Whats Good about PPS5 - gwyl - 13th December 2010

Dinosaur Wrote:And I'm not entirely convinced that an EH dayschool on slags would count as a transferrable skill.........
ah well, that's where you're wrong.
what's the point of lobbing a bit of something that hasn't got the appropriate heft and aerodynamics, that'll leave my you looking like a right numpty as it either drops on yer toe or floats off into the distance while whoever you were heaving it at is lying on the ground crying with laughter; not to mention knowing which slags are best used for hardcore.. Tongue
but it was well worth it to do new stuff and refresher courses on all sorts of materials, to keep one's eye in and so forth

Whats Good about PPS5 - kevin wooldridge - 13th December 2010

Some of the nicest people I know love slags.....

Whats Good about PPS5 - Jack - 14th December 2010

I liked the slag day.
Got to fondle lots of weird stuff.

Whats Good about PPS5 - Kel - 14th December 2010

You'll go blind...

Whats Good about PPS5 - Dinosaur - 14th December 2010

I occasionally have to 'work' in the same office, his afflictions run deeper than you realise......anyway :face-topic:

Whats Good about PPS5 - Jack - 15th December 2010

One monkeys afflictions are anothers dinner