The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
EU Services Directive - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: EU Services Directive (/showthread.php?tid=334)

EU Services Directive - kevin wooldridge - 17th November 2006

Does anyone know whether the recently approved European Union Services Directive applies to archaeology?

EU Services Directive - Unitof1 - 17th November 2006

basically the freedom of information act, competitive tendering rules, deminimus funding rules, aren’t enough to equate government and local government practises across boundaries. Not supposed to help until 2009 and then some. I am not sure how it picks on archaeology although as you have seen my going solo thread you possibly have some ideas about where I think the problems are. I hope that it will make more sense than the EIA directives which I think mainly allowed central government to wipe out local controls and gave work to the big boys and nothing locally.

You should imagine me making wide sweeping gestures but I think the question started the dramatic music

Has anybody read it- it not been out long has it?

EU Services Directive - kevin wooldridge - 17th November 2006

I have read it (it was approved by the European Parliament on Wednesday), but uncertain whether it applies to archaeology, although archaeology isn't mentioned in the schedule as an exemption. But UK archaeology is organized on such a different basis to the rest of the EU, that if the directive applies to archaeology at all, it may only apply to it in the UK (where the majority of archaeological pracctice coild be classed as a service industry rather than a state-run concern).

This may mean that UK archaeology could become even more competitive, but the majority of Europe is pretty much a closed shop (at least to UK based companies).

I'd be interested whether other BAJRites have a few on this ahead of David's plan to spread BAJR to the rest of the world. Good thing/Bad thing you know what I mean.....