The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Compasses for Archaeologists - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Compasses for Archaeologists (/showthread.php?tid=3235)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Compasses for Archaeologists - deadlylampshade - 30th June 2010

Sigh...why do I like all the most expensive shiney things...:0

...but I do like the crime scene scale...and at the price it seems a shame not to have one...just in case...few more days and it is pay day!!!

Compasses for Archaeologists - mpoole - 30th June 2010

Don't forget to buy the two-sided one, I need one of those so I can show beads to scale in diameter and height in one fell swoop.

Compasses for Archaeologists - BRahn - 30th June 2010

Fab video. I swear I used one of the 'toss over the shoulder' ones when I was in the Scouts..
Ahh, the ball compass is a *Brunton*! I'm trying to convince various people to like me enough to buy me a brass Brunton like I used to use in t'old country..

Compasses for Archaeologists - BAJR - 30th June 2010

ta muchly... its fun really! and as Maggie says.. I have no shame! and deadly.. you be the person to ask... which one would you take if you had to grab one?

and a brass brunton sounds like a form of wedgie!!

Compasses for Archaeologists - Dinosaur - 1st July 2010

Isn't it taking all the fun out of writing sites up if people start putting north in the right direction on their plans/photos/context sheets? Has always fascinated me how the average digger can't even work out where the sun is.....Smile

Compasses for Archaeologists - BAJR - 1st July 2010

Now all you have to do is pin a ball compass to each of them... ah.. imagine if I could come up with the compass drafting film!

Compasses for Archaeologists - deadlylampshade - 1st July 2010

Not a hard choice really Hosty...would have to be the sighting compass for me.

The ball compass looks really useful if you have to consider weight/how much personal kit you are carrying and how general a task you are doing, but if you have a compass out there's a reson for having it therefore I'd like to make sure I was super accurate!

You may just find an order winging it's way to you...

Do you ever use a mils protractor for resections?

Compasses for Archaeologists - BAJR - 1st July 2010

Mils Protractors... ah.. the good old days of hand doing things...

I honestly can't remember the last time I used one... probably when I was young Smile

Compasses for Archaeologists - deadlylampshade - 1st July 2010

Ah, youf! Remember that too...

It's been a while since I used one too...used to like the big bang at the end though}Smile

Compasses for Archaeologists - Dinosaur - 1st July 2010

Are you going to start an 'Oldies' line for us traditionalists (ok, older persons) who don't get all the buttons, stuff like Artillery Levels and the like? :face-approve: