The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
IFA: CDP and PDP - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: IFA: CDP and PDP (/showthread.php?tid=3225)

Pages: 1 2

IFA: CDP and PDP - BuntyFlint - 27th June 2010

Hello people, apologies if this has been discussed before, couldn't find it in a forum search.

Having just joined the IfA, I'm doing the PDP and CDP stuff. But I can't work out the difference between "professional objectives" and "work objectives" as divided up on their CPD log and example. Are work objectives what you need to learn and do to help with your specific job right now (err if you have one and/or a contract of longer than the next month) and professional ones just a bit more general?

and am I alone in finding this really hard work?!

Their PDP and CDP stuff is here...
http://www.archaeologists.net/modules/icontent/index.php?page=20

pip pip
Bunty

IFA: CDP and PDP - kevin wooldridge - 27th June 2010

Persoannly I don't think there is any difference, but I have a theory that the IfA came across a slight problem when designing this programme.

How do you ask a membership to define 'work objectives' when for a large number of members their sole obective is actually finding work. Furthermore what is the point of anyone who is outside of a permanent contract defining 2 years in advance their work or professional objectives. I like to do a bit of survey, a bit of illustrating and a bit of research - so all of those activities might feature in my PDP, but if I can only get work as a digger on development projects my chances of acheiving any part of my PDP is pretty much scuppered. So thats why I think some clever sod came up with the idea of 'work objectives' and 'professional obectives'. If you happen to be out of work you can concentrate on the bigger picture, if you happen to be working (but not necessarily what you want to be doing) you can concentrate on the day to day routine....

IFA: CDP and PDP - troll - 27th June 2010

Yet another example of an organisation coming up with absolutely meaningless crud when the industry is desperate for direction. Brilliant. Any more earth-shakingly clever ideas of how to bury ones head in the sand and mine for naval fluff instead of actually doing anything tangible? Why doesn`t the IFA ask us to record our visits to the toilet as well?:face-confused:

IFA: CDP and PDP - BAJR - 27th June 2010

I have however just taken possession of the first of the Skills Passports.. ... mmmmMMM a beauty. a real CPD log to see what you can do (from troweling to level taking... from GIS use to Interpersonal skills) novice competent and proficient.. signed of.. dated and provable (woee betide the peson who signs off when the person can't actually do the skill!) We are testing these over the summer.. and I am sure the IfA will be supportive in the aim to see real skills and to reward skills with real benefits.

One step forward.. hoorah for Manchester Uni I thank you! :face-approve:

in answer to the original... I would contact the IfA by phone as I am sure they will be more than happy to explain... then you can let us know. :face-smart:

IFA: CDP and PDP - BuntyFlint - 5th July 2010

Thanks for your replies peeps, sorry for delay in replying
Was thinking just after I wrote the original post that maybe the difference was to do with what you need right now ĭn your job (if you have one) and what your hopes and dreams are even though they seem to cross over. I did put "to get a job with a reasonably long contract" as one of my work objectives..or was it professional...no..wait...uh....

Will contact the IFA for some clarification and will report back!

Also need to ask them whether I put on my CPD log the number of minutes it took for the top boss to tell me I had been made up to Field Supervisor for the rest of the season SmileSmileSmileor the number of hours I work everyday in my new role as it is a learning process everyday (and fits in with PDP objective Nr8 "gain new experiences that enable the advancement of my career....") hmm.....

IFA: CDP and PDP - Dinosaur - 5th July 2010

Take it from someone who's been supervising for 27 years, the hours never go down again......:face-crying:

IFA: CDP and PDP - Kathryn Whittington - 5th July 2010

Work objectives relate to your current role - what you feel you need to gain in order to do this role effectively or improve on your current knowledge/skills required for your current role. Professional objectives are more long term. Thinking about where you're aiming for in the next few years and what you need to get there.

I might suggest to colleagues that an explanatory line be added to the form.

IFA: CDP and PDP - BAJR - 5th July 2010

Thank you Kathryn. It is only by people asking these questions and making comments that things get made better. So thanks to Bunty for asking ... (and hey... looks like you got it right! )

IFA: CDP and PDP - YellowMike - 6th July 2010

Does this mean that your work objectives have to be acheived on the job whereas your professional objectives can be drawn out over time.

thats ok, but if people are working for firms that do not know where the next pay check is coming from, does it imply that they should quit to ensure they work for someone who will allow them to acheive objectives in a sequential manner?

IFA: CDP and PDP - BuntyFlint - 11th July 2010

Yup, thanks Kathryn - it would be really helpful to add some clarifications of terms to the PDP/CDP web pages : )