The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln (/showthread.php?tid=3218)

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - ex-archaeologist - 20th June 2010

Probably the least plausible archaeological claim of the year.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/181846/Holy-Grail-Is-this-simple-chalice-found-in-Lincoln-really-the-one-used-by-Christ-

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - BAJR - 20th June 2010

Chortleworthy...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]621[/ATTACH]

I like how it tells us how...
Quote:Historians and academics will be astonished by the revelation that Christendom’s most prized historical object
has been under their noses for decades.

and that he

Quote: “...never intended to start out on a search to find the Holy Grail. I was interested initially in researching the links between the Crusaders, England and the medieval saints,” says Coleman.

Thanks goodness for the Church

Quote:"I think it’s fair to say that the cathedral is somewhat sceptical about these claims,” says Roy Bentham, Lincoln Cathedral’s chief executive.

“Mr Coleman has put in a lot of hard work but in our view some of his conclusions require a few leaps of faith.

but fortunately
Quote:The Grail Chronicles by EC Coleman is published by The History Press on July 1, priced ?9.99.

hmmmm so this is not a cheap attempt to sell another book that sits firmly into the high dubious category

this beats the gladiator stuff in York though... do we have an advance on Grails... an Ark of the Covenant... do I hear an Ark

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - Misty - 20th June 2010

This chap Coleman has been to the Arctic three times and written 8 books so he must know his stuff. I'm still reeling from last night's revelation on Dr Who that there is a large stone cavern under Stonehenge which has some sort of box in it (the Romans, who were really Cybermen, put said Doctor in this box). Why haven't the various excavations of Stonehenge discovered this? Also why are we led to believe Stonehenge is built on chalk when this cavern thingy is as solidly stone as the cavern under the Roman baths at Bath (see relevant Bonekickers episode). Smile

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - mpoole - 20th June 2010

If I tell you the truth... well, you know the rest. And if you DO know the rest, why haven't you been removed to a place of safety/silencing?

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - Drunky - 20th June 2010

On BBC 4 a bit late there was a program about an excavtion at Stone Henge but it showed nothing of what we saw on Dr Who cover up or 'i think they protest too much'

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - Comarch - 21st June 2010

It is well known that simple fishermen used silver tableware every day in their homes and thus this would not be out of place in any humble home. That wooden vessel found by Indy was a fake, I can reveal, in my new book out now price ?9.99 in all good book stores - mostly in Glastonbury.

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - ex-archaeologist - 21st June 2010

I think people may be insinuating that this is a cynical ploy by EC Coleman to sell books, if you read the article closely you will see that he is in fact motivated for the good of humanity.

Quote: [FONT=&quot]I know that the author Dan Brown made a good deal of money from his book The Da Vinci Code and the film. He created a very entertaining story but remember that was just fiction; I am dealing with the facts. I don?t expect to make huge amounts of money from my work and I don?t resent the fortune Dan Brown has made from his. Good luck to him. He twisted the story to suit his purpose but don?t confuse what he was intending to do with what I have done[/FONT]
Quote: [FONT=&quot]Over the centuries kings, avaricious churchmen, adventurers and speculators have tried desperately to get their Grail was there to be worked out. I?m grateful that it fell to me to be the one to do it.[/FONT]
His only complaint being

Quote: [FONT=&quot]This was the Holy Grail but no one acknowledged it. Subsequently it went on show on a shelf in the Cathedral?s treasury where you can see it today but there is nothing there to say what it really is[/FONT]
Presumably the Cathedral will be quick to correct this, displaying the Grail in its rightful place alongside the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - mpoole - 21st June 2010

The huge warehouse where the splinters of the True Cross, the fingerbones of St Vitus and the gallon jugs of the milk of Mary are held mean nothing?

Holy Grail apparently found in Lincoln - Jack - 23rd June 2010

Hey this gives me an idea! I recentley completed an excavation that was the cumulation of ten years of extensive historic research. My findings are not published as yet but to summarise I have found the location of the actual fabled toytown. This years excavation focused on Noddy's house, and amongst the many artefacts currently being clean, conserved and cataloged was Noddy's actual hat.

Maybe I should write a book!