The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not (/showthread.php?tid=2973)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - Dinosaur - 16th April 2010

Oh yes! - you've probably even seen him on TV a time or two (but not one of the really, really obvious ones, before anyone starts jumping to conclusions and BAJR pulls this post! - anyone who worked for him back in the 80s will know who I mean, but he doesn't dig sites any more as far as I know)

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - Dirty Boy - 16th April 2010

Jack Wrote:I can't speak for others, but I try to be fair. When choosing a team, I look for a mixture of experienced diggers and keen inexperienced diggers.

Same here. I've always encouraged anyone on site to challenge me if they can think of a better way to do things, but reserve the right to disagree!

The major turn offs are always lazyness, complete disrepect for health and safety and complete disrespect for other members of staff. There's only a tiny tiny number of people I would never work with again, and its usually those who have no respect for the archaeology.

It is interesting to see in the posts that its assumed that anyone who is really good at archaelology is a complete git. I often find plenty of high quality staff who have great personal skills, and are a complete pleasure to work with :face-approve:

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - Dinosaur - 16th April 2010

I'm really good at archaeology and I'm.......oh :face-crying:

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - Sparky - 16th April 2010

"Was he a MIFA?"

Wouldn't be the first MIFA I've caught curing their pish poor field records...:face-huh:

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - Jack - 16th April 2010

Sparky Wrote:"Was he a MIFA?":

? Monkey Incites Fury Again

or

Money Is Felched Away?

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - BAJR - 16th April 2010

careful now everyone... just cos they is all in Southport... Rolleyes

Ancient history so no point kicking a man when he's down and no longer committing crimes against archaeology (sadly a missed chance when he was standing)......but don't forget they've now given up the pretence of representing 'Field' archaeologists, finally! (I'd have loved to have listened in on the arguements as to what the F was going to stand for in the new order)

Has anyone other than IFA ever done a survey of what archaeologists as a whole think of IFA?Rolleyes

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - Jack - 16th April 2010

We should do one......
a poll that is
Cool

But anonymously, don't forget all those southern units where people are expected to appear pro-IFA whether they are or not ("IFA membership preferred" has been appearing on job ads in some quarters since the '80s, not sure what the legality of that is, amazing really how few diggers over the years have actually seen any point in joining....) }Smile

gosh...isn't it getting better all the time.....not - BAJR - 16th April 2010

This was where BAJR came in again... it used to be IFA required... BAJR then said that IFA preffered was the maximum allowed. as it was exclusive. forcing people to join an organisation (for whatever reason) that they perhaps (for whatever reason) they did not want to.

ie. I would be unable to apply for a job, even if I was capable, as I am not in teh IfA (for whatever reason)

The point to joining comes when there isa point to joining... and like the unionisation debate... only when enough people join is there a point to joining... and so it goes round. :face-confused:

Interstingly the IfA have yet to reply to the Letter sent about unionisation. There was no requirement for a reply, only an acknowledgement. so I hope once the conference is clear, they will be able to say hello. perhaps its little things like that that matter? :face-thinks: