The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
How to remove archaeology before planning!? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: How to remove archaeology before planning!? (/showthread.php?tid=2883)

Pages: 1 2 3

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - BAJR - 20th March 2010

http://groups.google.com/group/uk.legal/browse_thread/thread/4ae0ebb31f5ed3a4/75c477245da4243a?lnk=gst&q=archaeology#75c477245da4243a

Read it and weep

Quote:This is purely hypothetical.
I own a share in a small piece of land (about an acre) and we co-
owners are thinking of applying for planning permission. We've been
told that, if planning is permitted, we would be required to undertake
an archaeological survey.

As I understand it, and as things stand at the moment, there is no law
that says I cannot hire a digger and just dig the site up prior to the
application being submitted (or accepted). Would this be legal, and
would it obviate the requirement to carry out the archaeological
assessment? I _know_ it would be an act of inexcusable vandalism -
I'm merely interested in the legality.

Quote:AFAIK and this came up when talking to various builders and planning
people, the general opinion was that if you do find something, and the
archaeologists get to hear, they can shut you down for years while the
burrow and mutter.
My advice would be to diog a test trench right across the site, and if
nothing shows up, present that as evidence that there is nothing there,
and if something does, make a moral ethical and commercial decision as
to what the heck to do next.

ruined archaeology is not worth actually re-digging. I dont think its
illegal to wreck a site: Only to wreck it AFTER the archaeolgists have
got a court order..or something like that.

etc.... there are dozens of more outlandish replies... including my all time faves... I know a mate who.... fill in fictitious story ..... :face-confused:

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - Unitof1 - 20th March 2010

My type of people

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - Ladygeek - 20th March 2010

Dear God. There's a fair lot of ill-informed knee-jerkers all collected in one place. That guy Alasdair is a prime example. "Yeah, like society should have to pay if I want to disturb society's heritage with my private business development...er...yeah.."

(note to anyone jumping to argue - I am well aware of the complexity of planning laws, developer pays principle, etc etc etc, having done a PG Masters on it - I just think it's funny that this man isn't but is throwing his toys out the pram anyway).

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - Unitof1 - 22nd March 2010

whats a pg masters?

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - GnomeKing - 22nd March 2010

post-grad ?

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - Misty - 22nd March 2010

Planning Guidance?

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - trowelfodder - 22nd March 2010

Unfortunately by highlighting this thread all thats happened is unit of 1 and his useless advice moved forums - unfortunately he came back

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - Ladygeek - 22nd March 2010

It is indeed a post-graduate masters - technically an MLitt in Professional Archaeology. And yeah, I declined to comment on Unit of 1's advice Wink

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - kevin wooldridge - 23rd March 2010

Interestingly the new PPS 5 guidance (see separate thread) does address the question as to whether a developer has allowed a 'heritage asset' to deteriorate and how that shouldn't be a material consideration in the planning process. A developer who tries the approach suggested may still find themselves requiring an archaeological evaluation and assessment which could be as costly and time consuming as their worst fears..... a qualified opinion as to the extent of damage the developer has wrecked upon the archaeological resource.

How to remove archaeology before planning!? - troll - 2nd April 2010

Not only that....I have excavated seemingly "wrecked" archaeology for most of my career and have recovered huge amounts of data. I think the important element of this thread is for me quite an old chesnut...... Archaeology is simply not enshrined within unambiguous law in the UK and I for one think that this is either disgusting, deliberately delayed or predictable.:face-stir: