The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
This CSCS thing - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: This CSCS thing (/showthread.php?tid=2846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

This CSCS thing - Dirty Boy - 7th April 2010

I've got a management level card for CSCS, and found it as useful as the groundworker level, especially in relation to archaeology work.

Many more exciting questions on electricity voltages (that I'm not allowed to touch on site), and I know where and who keeps the CDM file on major projects. Knowing precisely what a CDM file is is another matter!

Hey, its an attempt at health and safety and to improve levels in the construction industry, which is also a good thing, but I think even the construction industry is finding it a little weak.

Its a bit like the driving test really - you learn to pass the test, but that doesn't translate into the real world. Far too many sites where everyone is on a CSCS card, but still act like muppets!

Properly written risk assessments by competent management that everyone has signed up to and is checked on is the way!:face-approve:

This CSCS thing - Dinosaur - 7th April 2010

Anyone done the current Tarmac 'Golden Rules' video game/H&S course? - I was bitterly advised by one of their quarry managers that it's a device designed to prevent anyone working for them! - I was lucky in that the printer software wasn't working so I got to do it 4 times (had it down to 20 minutes by the end) and now officially have 100% Smile

(P.S. assuming there's only one version the answer's 5)

This CSCS thing - BuntyFlint - 8th April 2010

BAJR: About that BJR card.....should I send a photo, or can you just use my avatar?

Ladygeek: I hadn't really thought of that aspect, very good point.

This CSCS thing - Dinosaur - 8th April 2010

Using avatar's going to result in an awful lot of BJR cards with pictures of badgers on....would save money though!

This CSCS thing - BAJR - 8th April 2010

hmmmmmm... another mad cap moneymaking scheme looms Smile :face-huh:

This CSCS thing - Unitof1 - 8th April 2010

Quote:
I've got a management level card for CSCS, and found it as useful as the groundworker level, especially in relation to archaeology work.

in what way was it useful?

This CSCS thing - Dirty Boy - 8th April 2010

Unitof1 Wrote:in what way was it useful?

As useful as a screen door in a submarine, etc.

This CSCS thing - Geli - 8th April 2010

Just a thought to cross pollenate to the unionisation issue - would it be worth looking into a job specific CSCS card for archaeology? As many have pointed out already: the card doesn't really seem aimed at us and many of the issues the training aims to address doesn't really enter into our working life. Sure we face hazards such as moving plant etc so it's useful on those points, but little else seems applicable. To quote Dirtyboy about as useful as a screen door in a submarine. Wink

This CSCS thing - kevin wooldridge - 9th April 2010

Geli Wrote:Just a thought to cross pollenate to the unionisation issue - would it be worth looking into a job specific CSCS card for archaeology? As many have pointed out already: the card doesn't really seem aimed at us and many of the issues the training aims to address doesn't really enter into our working life. Sure we face hazards such as moving plant etc so it's useful on those points, but little else seems applicable.

The problem with CSCS cards or any similar schemes of that ilk is that they actually run contrary to the fundamentals of the H&S at Work Act which is that each and every site/task performed in the workplace should be accompanied by a risk assessment which should be regularly reviewed and updated as and when circumstances require. If anything archaeologists should be pointing out that 'generic' H&S regimes such as typified by the CSCS scheme are potentially dangerous for archaeologists and other workers. So I would say 'No' to an archaeological card, but 'Yes' to full and proper implementation of the H&S at Work Act....

This CSCS thing - seanthesheep - 5th July 2010

Im doing my CSCS next week and haven't been told what parts of it i need I was given a book with over 200 pages of Questons and Answers. Looks like most of the book i wouldn't need (Highway and Gas fitting etc) Anyone know what parts I'd need to revise? Cheers