The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
This CSCS thing - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: This CSCS thing (/showthread.php?tid=2846)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

This CSCS thing - JhawkArch - 3rd August 2010

I've got the application and plan to start revising when I get to the UK next month, so that's already been decided. From reading the previous posts, it seems that I won't need to worry too much.

This CSCS thing - Dinosaur - 4th August 2010

I've lasted 30 years of site work on strong black coffee at work and strong beer (mostly) after work, both of which are meant to dehydrate you, and I seem to have survived ok (apart from the crumbly bits...oh, and the bandages need replacing occasionally), so is water really necessary or can it be optional? :face-approve:

This CSCS thing - Jack - 4th August 2010

Both have water in them

This CSCS thing - Dinosaur - 5th August 2010

Think it's supposed to be something with how much goes in and how much subsequently comes out.....maybe I'm spontaneously producing water - the south-east's water shortages could be solved if people don't mind drinking the excess :face-approve:

This CSCS thing - Jack - 5th August 2010

You wont become dehydrated by drinking tea as it is mostly water. Its just that due to the diaretic (probly spelled that wrong) effect it wont hydrate you as well as water alone.
So if your from norway and your in africa, out in the sun, digging a big hole AND only drink tea or beer...your probably gonna get dangerously dehydrated.

Otherwise the best advice I ever heard about the amount of water you need to drink was 'drink water when you feel thirsty.'

This CSCS thing - the invisible man - 5th August 2010

Drink when you're thirsty? Now there's a revolutionary, nay subversive, idea! I might even apply sun cream on a blazing hot day without waiting to be told... (blazing hot day...pah! Chance would be a fine thing!). Now, if I park the van on the verge, I wonder if I should get out just as a huge lorry is approaching, or should I wait until it's clear?

This CSCS thing - Dinosaur - 6th August 2010

Sun cream? - oh, you mean that stuff that office people without a tan spent half their hard-earned on during the less-winter months? :face-approve:

This CSCS thing - Jack - 6th August 2010

Yep, if common sense could be bottled, it would be worth a fortune. From what I remember of the CSCS test most of the answers were 'ask a supervisor'

This CSCS thing - trainedchimp - 6th August 2010

Health and safety, I remember from my CSCS course, is 'just applied common sense'. That's what my supervisor said too. Must be true.

This CSCS thing - squeejay - 2nd September 2010

I've got my test booked for this week and have just been flicking through the revision book. Common sense seems to cover most if it! Smile To put people minds at rest here is a typical question: What can you do to reduce the risks of rats on site? a) lay traps b)lay poison c)bring cats(!) d)put rubbish in the bin. Seriously I don't think there is anything to worry about. The only sections that I had to read a bit more carefully were the electricity and working at height, but still got only 1 wrong in each section on my last practice.

More interesting for Bajrites is possibly the section on PPE. It just reinforces how badly most archaeologists fare in this aspect of work; most of the answers are 'the employer must pay for all ppe etc' but how many people here have had more than a hi vis bought for them? Apparently we are all entitled to waterproofs and boots! As well as a covered seated area with hot water facilities for break! :face-approve: