The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message

BAJR Federation Archaeology
MOLA come out saying YES to Pay Minima linked to IfA Registration - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: MOLA come out saying YES to Pay Minima linked to IfA Registration (/showthread.php?tid=2660)

Pages: 1 2

MOLA come out saying YES to Pay Minima linked to IfA Registration - Unitof1 - 4th February 2010

Quote:[SIZE=3]charities are not purely commercial organisations, so why do some of them act like Tesco and treat their staff so poorly? If there was a group of directors and shareholders waiting to cream off the profits then it might make some sense.”
[/SIZE]
What you might find is that those at the core of these organisations are on contracts related to, for want of a better concept, the government. Where it most distinctly shows up is in the type of pension they get. Look out for council pensions and then for the older varieties like final salary, index linked. In some units this might just amount to two people, in others this might number in the twenties. This group have survived numerous downturns and problems generated by their management. This core group, and many examples go back to the eighties, are on contracts outside the realities of the day to day chancers like diggers who will never realise how not in the same boat they are. This core group can only be “let go” made to “take unpaid leave over Christmas” of by trustees and other even more obscure bodies.

I imagine that management for this group goes something like this

I am an experienced archaeological manager but although I have not been in the field for many years I still have an interest in medieval theatre. Now we have this dreadful down turn, I have my final salary pension and ten years left to go but there is a bit of a cash flow problem at the mo. What to do. There are all these young people who do not get anything that you could call a real pension so it wont make much difference to them and besides they are not on the same contract as me. Oh bulgur, I am in charge of firing them. Stand aside, I have done this before, gives them something to wine about but they come back.

MOLA come out saying YES to Pay Minima linked to IfA Registration - oldgirl - 18th February 2010

Unitof1 Wrote:What you might find is that those at the core of these
[SIZE=3]I am an experienced archaeological manager but although I have not been in the field for many years I still have an interest in medieval theatre. Now we have this dreadful down turn, I have my final salary pension and ten years left to go but there is a bit of a cash flow problem at the mo. What to do. There are all these young people who do not get anything that you could call a real pension so it wont make much difference to them and besides they are not on the same contract as me. Oh bulgur, I am in charge of firing them. Stand aside, I have done this before, gives them something to wine about but they come back.

I'd add " and anyway, the organisation would have to pay ME lots of redundancy money, whereas these people have worked here for such a short time that we don't have to pay them anything if we lay them off."

Not that I'm bitter.......

Going back to ROs, I can understand the need to consider other things (such as pension schemes) in the salary minima, but my feeling has always been that most people would rather be paid more and make their own decisions. the times I've seen things like that trotted out have been when the actual pay wasn't up to the minima.

the Pay minima are only one element of the RO rules, and there are lots of important things that are covered by those. In the end, it's not specifically the minima that the examples given above breach, but the following principle in the Code of Conduct:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1]
The member shall recognise the aspirations of employees,
colleagues and helpers with regard to all matters relating to
employment, including career development, health and safety,
terms and conditions of employment and equality of
opportunity.
[/SIZE]