The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
The Seven Ages of Britain - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The Seven Ages of Britain (/showthread.php?tid=2657)

Pages: 1 2

The Seven Ages of Britain - troll - 31st January 2010

:face-stir:Apparently, "The Roman invasion gave the British an identity..."

Quite apart from the fact that the series ignores at least 10,000 years of "British" heritage and jumps right in with the Sandal-wearing toga-merchants...... it is just crud. I`m only half-way through the first episode and already I`m pulling my eyebrows off. Will someone...ANYONE...please tell this reporter to go back to his real job.

The Seven Ages of Britain - BAJR - 31st January 2010

Was a bit poop and er... took some er... liberties... er cough! Come back Francis Pryor!

The Seven Ages of Britain - Pondlife - 1st February 2010

Schama was only very slightly less shabby with his 'A History of Britain'. He had a maunder around a couple of Neolithic sites, showed some Snettisham gold but was very obviously desperate to get to 1066, which he did, in no short order. Best not bother. As for Francis Pryor - what, really? Bit too keen on the 'ritual' explanation for my tastes.

The Seven Ages of Britain - Jeff S - 1st February 2010

I got distracted from the content by the way he kept on jumping on mosaics or flipping through ancient books without gloves....

The Seven Ages of Britain - mpoole - 1st February 2010

I was waiting for him to lick a fingertip before folding over a corner of the Jarrow bible.

The Seven Ages of Britain - BAJR - 1st February 2010

(that should be in the out-takes!) Big Grin:face-approve:

The Seven Ages of Britain - mpoole - 1st February 2010

BAJR Wrote:(that should be in the out-takes!) Big Grin:face-approve:

A good friend of mine is a conservator, I could hear the 'eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkk!' from several hundred miles away.

The Seven Ages of Britain - troll - 1st February 2010

Completely agree with you all. What on earth is a program of this complexity doing in the hands of a journalist? Perhaps we should approach the BBC with a view to developing a series where random archaeologists indulge in deep and invasive interviews with members of parliament? Perhaps a few of us should apply to host Newsnight? I think we should build on this thread episode by miserable episode before forwarding the entire thread to the BBC. As an aside....the consultant for the series (Martin Carver) must be either furious or cringing?...........Looks very much as if the episode editors disregarded Martins opinions throughout......:face-stir:

The Seven Ages of Britain - Kel - 1st February 2010

I preferred the 2003 series of the same name. Bldy Normans didn't show up until the end of Episode 4. Much more sensible arrangement.

The Seven Ages of Britain - BRahn - 2nd February 2010

I *thought* the name sounded familiar..
http://www.channel4.com/history/microsites/H/history/n-s/sevenages.html
Which had the decency to start with the Ice Age..

Worse, if this series is meant (as I understand it) to complement the radio 4 'History of the World' series, and therefore focuses on artefacts to tell its story, it's chopped off 500000+ years of those artefacts before it's even begun filming!