The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Help with burial legislation - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Help with burial legislation (/showthread.php?tid=2485)

Help with burial legislation - trowelfodder - 4th January 2010

I am currently writing a conversion proposal for a Baptist chapel in South Wales as part of a university assignment.
The chapel has an associated burial ground and there are known to be burials in the area surrounding the main chapel. The burials are likely to be disturbed should additional services be required.

I am struggling to find the relevant legislation/guidelines which deals with the treatment of human remains in this context . I have found the burials act 1857 but am confussed by what the current deal is, i know that is no longer home office but department of constitutional affairs - but when looked on website said is now department of justice....
Is there new legislation going through as there seems to be a lot of discusion

most things i have found only apply to anglican burial grounds. Can anyone offer any assistance please

Many thanks

Help with burial legislation - Misty - 4th January 2010

Wessex Archaeology excavated a Baptist burial ground a few years ago so they will know the rules on this one. The skeletons were eventually reburied - I think that was part of the planning approval. Sorry I can't remember more details!

Help with burial legislation - Windbag - 5th January 2010

Here's a useful link:
http://www.justice.gov.uk/about/burials.htm

Contact details, further links and additional information. The current state of affairs could best be described as "messy", and it would be worth checking to make sure that there aren't additional things to consider when working in Wales.

Help with burial legislation - BAJR Host - 5th January 2010

Did a search ...

http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/showthread.php?577-Burial-Licences-New-Procedure

ah, the joys of importing the whole BAJR Forum! :face-approve:

Help with burial legislation - Bones - 7th January 2010

If you still need help send a query to BABAO (British Association for Biological Anthropology and Osteoarchaeology) www.babao.org.uk
you can send a query via the general queries. Or it maybe on their website somewhere under policies.

Hope this helps.

Help with burial legislation - BAJR - 7th January 2010

nice one bones.. and if I may say a suitable and slightly disturbing avatar! very 3D

Help with burial legislation - Bones - 13th January 2010

No worries, thanks BAJR Admin!