The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? (/showthread.php?tid=2424)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - KelBa - 3rd December 2009

I was taught that the relevant legislation regards me as legally being "an archaeologist" from the day my degree course started. Even as a student, I therefore cannot receive a reward for anything I find at any time, whether I'm digging on a site or tripping over a gold torque whilst walking the dog.

Would be pleased to have confirmation to the contrary, as it's Christmas and birthday soon and I might be needing a metal detector. (joking... honest... :face-angel: )

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - Unitof1 - 3rd December 2009

I am quite certain that I can provide plenty of evidence that I cannot be accused of being an archaeologist.

I would refuse any offer, challenge the competence of any adjudicator who made the valuation and those who appointed them and insist that it went to market. I think the last big anglo-saxon hoard was short by a factor of ten. Mugs. Although well done the system for ripping off the landowner and the other git.

What it brings into question is the valus of "significant archaeology"-local, regional, national, international. seems to me a million should be considered local....

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - BAJR Host - 4th December 2009

Drunky Wrote:What if i gave you 1.6 million from a reward i got, hyperthetically that is

Thanks very much... I'm off to Bahamas! Smile

I would probably use it to set up a field training school and research project

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - Mattymooface - 4th December 2009

i brought a lotto ticket heres hoping

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - garybrun - 4th December 2009

How many archaeologists know the Treasure Law?
It seems a little scratchy to some of you.... have you spent time to read it?
Archaeologists are not exempt from the treasure law and have to report treasure.
How do you go about that?
We dont read much about "archaeological finds" being reported as treasure.

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - the invisible man - 4th December 2009

Notwithstanding the provisions of the Act or any contract into which I have hypothetically entered, my answer to the hypothetical question is emphatically "no". I (we) are (an) archaeologist, not a treasure hunter.

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - Richard - 4th December 2009

No I wouldn?t expect to receive a reward for any treasure found as it remains the property of the land owner. I would however, as set out in the design brief, expect to be responsible for reporting it to the County Coroner within 14 days of finding it (or within 14 days of realising it constitutes treasure as defined in the 1996 Act)

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - garybrun - 4th December 2009

Where do all the archaeological records of treasure get placed and recorded?
There are only 28 in the PAS reports.
We never hear anything regarding archaeologists finding treasure!
There must be a lot more than 28... and if they are why are they not in the treasure report?

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - vulpes - 4th December 2009

Hmmmm.. Gary those questions really deserve a new thread, perhaps you would like to start one?

Finds made on archaeological excavations are still subject to the same laws. It's just we don't claim rewards, either the diggers or their employers. They still have to go before the coroner etc.....

If we are going to ask random questions - I would be more intrigued by the rationale behind those metal detectorists who decline a reward - cut from similar stuff to us archaeologists methinks.

If you find a treasure find on a site... should the reward be shared? - Richard - 4th December 2009

Gary

"and if they are why are they not in the treasure report"

Treasure report 2005 - 6 part1

http://www.culture.gov.uk/reference_library/publications/5620.aspx

find nos 68, 72, 95, 126, 164, 172, 173, 197, 203, 222, 223, 225

All recorded by archaeological units.

I got bored and stopped at page 95 of part one.

What actually is your point?