The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 801 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 866 postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_post_quotes_callback1
/inc/class_parser.php 751 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 431 postParser->mycode_parse_quotes
/inc/class_parser.php 187 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 820 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 801 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 820 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Safety with Groups - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Safety with Groups (/showthread.php?tid=2410)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Safety with Groups - Davidh - 27th November 2009

Its good to swing your tool now and again.

Its a real problem that has to be drummed home time and again.

Safety with Groups - BAJR Host - 28th November 2009

Currently preparing the first draft... should be only 3 pages long, with a single page check-list to act as a reminder. In many cases. you can tell people 100 times and they will still do it!

BUt prepared is better than nothing

Safety with Groups - oldgirl - 1st December 2009

PastHorizons Wrote:Even after going through a tool talk we caught someone swinging a mattock as if it was a golf club. He was showing off to his friends but luckily it was stopped before any injuries

It's not just injuries to others - I've seen someone swing right back and hit themselves in the back. And then on the foot.

I have to say, my usual things with new people on site from a tool handling point of view:

How to use a mattock
How to use a spade
How to use a shovel (and why it's different from a spade)
How to use a wheelbarrow

And with ALL of the above - it's not a macho game of who can do the most. Better to take a half full barrow and empty it more often than try to shift a full one if it's a struggle. Also, better to carry two half full buckets than lug one full one..... And - you may be able to keep that pace up for today, and maybe for tomorrow too. But can you keep it up for a week?

Safety with Groups - BAJR Host - 1st December 2009

damn right to all the above

Safety with Groups - Davidh - 1st December 2009

Clare King Wrote:It's not just injuries to others - I've seen someone swing right back and hit themselves in the back. And then on the foot.

Hmm. I find that people that are not used to using these manual tools seem to think that they can master them within minutes. I am involved in a community project and I have said that I want the use of mattocks banned until further notice. That brings up a problem when you have some people who are trained and or competent with them moaning that it isn't their fault that there are people who aren't. (I have to say your scenario brought up an image of Homer Simpson in the garden)

Clare King Wrote:you may be able to keep that pace up for today, and maybe for tomorrow too. But can you keep it up for a week

Fitness is also an issue especially when fatigue kicks in.

Safety with Groups - BAJR Host - 2nd December 2009

actually a good point about stamina.. and fatigue. I have seen people (well to be honest... men) push themselves because they did not want to admit they were fatigued... result being they hurt themselves and become a danger to others.

Safety with Groups - Davidh - 8th December 2009

How is this coming along David?

I have a meeting tonight on what we are going to ask of the contractor on the next excavation in May. I realise that its incorrect that we should be proposing how things should be done but it has to be executed properly this time around.

Next time the excavation is in woodland.

Now your going to tell me that you have chucked something up on the website and I've missed it while I've been away aren't you?Smile

Safety with Groups - BAJR Host - 9th December 2009

Still working on it... ! }Smile

So much to do.. so little time

Its hard to try and distil it into 2 pages I can tell you!

The checklist is supposed to be a thought provoking aid - and not a prosciptive you shall/shall not.

Safety with Groups - Davidh - 11th December 2009

Yes of course.

Which makes me wonder if something should be produced for the community groups as to what they should expect.

Safety with Groups - BAJR Host - 11th December 2009

Have completed the draft... passing it to maggie for rough check.. then will go out to be looked at...

so you can comment. phew! I need pushes every so often Smile