The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation (/showthread.php?tid=2393)

Pages: 1 2 3

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - kevin wooldridge - 11th November 2009

I like the topic but think that the poll is slightly biased in not allowing us to vote on having enjoyed our last weeks work just cos we happened to be outside the UK. I know it doesn't suit everyone, but one of the ways to reinvigorate ones enjoyment of archaeology is to spread the wings a little.....

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - BAJR Host - 11th November 2009

well I know.. but if we leave the UK for some blue sky archaeology we always lorve it! Big Grin

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - Pippyn - 11th November 2009

In the last 6 months, well 4 actually. <3 Summer uni digs

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - Jennie - 12th November 2009

I would like to be enjoying archaeology today but am stuck in the office instead...

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - oldgirl - 12th November 2009

Yes, I'd like a 'today' button! And you can enjoy archaeology in an office!

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - Unitof1 - 13th November 2009

75 quid easy money

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - ex-archaeologist - 13th November 2009

75 quid, NOT VERY MUCH money...

and that is why we need a strong IfA.

I still do enjoy archaeology, although career-wise I am moving out of it.

There is nothing more satisfying or rewarding than a really good excavation team pulling together and doing good archaeology well.

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - Unitof1 - 13th November 2009

alright for about an hour and a 1/2 on shighte
its taken me about seven years to land that client
much more satisfying than hangging about with a really good excavation team pulling together and doing good archaeology well even if you are the directors numberone poodle who might be kept on to do some post ex if the field work dries up

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - RedEarth - 13th November 2009

How about 'who cares? If we worried less about how enjoyable it was and more about the state of the profession no-one would really be asking this question'.

Personally, commercial archaeology on a good day with a real sense of being a useful part of a bigger project and generally appreciated by those I and my colleagues are working with/for is infinately more enjoyable that all the community projects I have been involved in. They tend to me to have a sense of desparate inclusion just to pull in the money/look at the nice site, while at the same time a feeling of being resented by retirees who would rather 'professionals' were not looking over their shoulders. Maybe I've been on the wrong projects.

When was the last time you enjoyed an Excavation - ROB - 19th November 2009

..........its all enjoyable !!!!!!!!!!!!.what else could be ???8D