The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. (/showthread.php?tid=232)

Pages: 1 2

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - JBM - 27th August 2006

Well we are nearly 2/3rds through the dig what are your personal views so far?Jerry.

Retired Aerospace manager after many years in the engineering industry..
Locating and preserving historical items for future generations to enjoy.

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - getatrowel - 27th August 2006

We gave 20 non-engraved WHS trowels to Time Team to give away to the Royal Family with personal engravings on! I wonder if the queen will be presented with a WHS on air!? Seems to be getting high viewing figures, which can only be good for archaeology..

Ian

http://www.getatrowel.co.uk - trowels for archaeological excavators

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - Pedant - 27th August 2006

Watching the live stuff on More4 (saddos with nothing better to doBig GrinBig Grin couldn't help noticing 3 bods right by a machine not wearing viz vests - one of whom was on the spoil heap, dangerously close to getting sideswiped every time the digger arm swung round. Have these people never heard of health and safety??!

Also how many points do you get for instances of cleavage cam (all the girls) or gut-hanging-out cam? And Brigid should sue whoever did that to her hair...Wink

You can always tell a Brummie... but you can't tell him much

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - historic building - 28th August 2006

I am not even going to start commenting on the rubbish research at Windsor and their missinterpretation of the Henry III material.

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - troll - 28th August 2006

Really could`nt be bothered I`m afraid.Have managed to avoid it.Accompanied by an honest overview of the history of the landowner it would have made for interesting viewingBig Grin

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - star-nosed mole - 28th August 2006

Watched the Sat night programme. Have found the fake 'liveness' of the show to be grating and cring-worthy.

It seems to be a lot worse than a usual Time Team, with really badly put together sequences of presenters interviewing in one place and then magically appearing in another - live! Makes you realise that, compared with the others, Tony makes a pretty good, or at least convincing, presenter.

Am actually interested in what they might find, particuarly at Windsor with the round table, but cannot force myself to sit through hours of twaddle to find out!

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - Curator Kid - 29th August 2006

Oh Dear! I managed to catch the last show on Monday night. I found the kiddies programme-esque Windsor segment particularly irritating, although the two pretty finds girls discussing the "magnificent jugs" was funny - reminded me of that Roger Mellie strip in Viz a few years back.

Is this really the best that archaeology can do to get on TV? Sad

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - Cautionary Tale - 29th August 2006

Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Oh dear CK, very nearly spat my tea out over that one....Did it have Benny Hill music playing over the top with the fieldies chasing after one another at the end? Wink

Sad to say, but I made an effort not to watch the live elements, and missed the catch up yesterday so can't really comment on this weekends programme. Had a brief grumbly chat with a nearby ecologist on the subject of general dumbing down (or CGI-ing up) of factual programming to the detriment of high quality informative commentry. Its not just archaeology that seems to have the problems in this regard....:face-confused:

Desiderate le fritture con quello?

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - Beardstroker - 29th August 2006

Clearly I need Glasses. I read the title of this thread as Time Team Bank Holiday Tripe Dig.[:p]

Which is as good a description as any from the 5 cringe inducing minutes I saw.

The Time Team Bank Holiday Triple Dig. - Weegie - 31st August 2006

Hullo. I was on site at Windsor for the duration monitoring the work for EH, standing in for the Inspector. Yes, most of the script for the show was buttock-clenchingly cringe-worthy, or at least the bits that I heard were. One of the benefits of being on site without access to a telly was that I didn't have to watch the shows.

However, I have to say that the archaeology was professionally and competently done, and that the archaeologists (from Oxford, Cambrian and other units) did a very good job. Treating this as an evaluation of little-understood areas (having worked at Windsor on two major projects over 8 years, I can confirm that we knew very little about the archaeology of either of these parts of the castle), I have to say that the results were very useful, and will allow us to make much better-informed curatorial decisions in future. It helped that we made them do the geophysical survey months in advance of fieldwork so that we had time to consider the trench positions in light of processed survey data.

Despite what was said by the presenters, I only had one small additional trench to approve (which found the real Great Hall foundation, apparently not shown on telly), and everything else was achieved by digging less of both areas than they had SMC for.

As for H&S, all I can say about that is that the archaeologists (myself included) did what we were supposed to, but I did not envy the supervisors who had their work cut out keeping the presenters, experts and swarms of other telly people out of harm's way.

Brian