The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Mileage Rates and Expenses - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Mileage Rates and Expenses (/showthread.php?tid=2253)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mileage Rates and Expenses - drpeterwardle - 14th June 2006

What the current rate that people pay for mileage?

Peter Wardle

Mileage Rates and Expenses - Magpie - 14th June 2006

30 p per mile is what I generally get . although one unit I worked for only gave 15p in 2005.

Mileage Rates and Expenses - vulpes - 15th June 2006

40p the highest round figure per mile. That's waht my former (and current) employers paid. Anything above I think 43p and the taxman gets interested, anything lower than 40 is just tight. No excuse - put it in your costings.

Mileage Rates and Expenses - vulpes - 15th June 2006

Oh, and remember mileage rates are not just to cover the cost of fuel alone. Start to add it all up and you'll soon see that tin pot units paying well below this level are getting themselves a pretty good deal - compared with the cost of providing a company vehicle. I myself only bought a car after leaving a shoddy company who paid 20p a mile (!), as if I'd had one then it would have been much more for their convenience than my own. They also didn't make any recompense for driving time - as driving a minibus full of diggers 100 miles isn't work (apparently). Sore point. Sad

Mileage Rates and Expenses - historic building - 15th June 2006

49p per mile, but we can only claim the distance from the office to the site and back, not the distance from home.

Mileage Rates and Expenses - drpeterwardle - 15th June 2006

Interesting this,

I just done some calculations. A brand new volkswagen polo costs 21p per mile based upon changing it every three years and a ford focus 22p.

This includes fuel tyres servicing finance insurance tax and depreciation etc.

Peter

Mileage Rates and Expenses - Paul Belford - 15th June 2006

I have just worked out that my 12 year old Saab, doing 60,000 miles in the three years that I have had it, is costing £0.18 per mile! This includes sevicing, tyres, various odd repairs, depreciation insurance and road tax as well as the over-priced petrol that the thirsty beast has to drink.

It's damn sight quicker than a Polo or Focus, and lot more comfortable and characterful. Also it carries a LOT of stuff (whole finds assemblages, for example, wheelbarrows and so-on). And it is reliable.

All the rest of my staff have much more modern and sensible cars.

Mileage Rates and Expenses - Cautionary Tale - 15th June 2006

Thats the best way - someone I used to work with bought 'elderly' cars for next to nothing, ran them for a year then bought another. On archaeological expenses rates, this is the most cost effective way of driving (for the employee).

I should add that my last company paid the driver 5p per mile per passenger for business mileage. Environmentally sound and more money in your pocket. Didn't worry the tax man either from the sound of it. [8D]

Of the Clan Sutton

Mileage Rates and Expenses - achingknees - 15th June 2006

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/running_costs/AAtrust-motoringcosts2006.doc

...gives the AA calculations. Surprised?!

Mileage Rates and Expenses - Paul Belford - 15th June 2006

I rest my case!

According to these figure new car with equivalent performance, comfort and specification to my own, on 20,000 miles a year, works out at around 40 pence per mile. Even if I could afford it I would not bother as with the money lost to depreciation after 3 years I could buy three or four used cars! Fuel consumption pales into insignificance once you take depreciation into account.

It is interesting that the biggest costs are what the AA calls 'standing charges', so the more miles you do the cheaper the cost per mile. Why anyone apart from farmers would buy a diesel is beyond me.[:o)]

(having a bit of a Jeremy Clarkson moment there }Smile)