The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
double en tendre for archies - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: double en tendre for archies (/showthread.php?tid=2189)

Pages: 1 2

double en tendre for archies - Troll - 9th April 2006

Bit of a giggle to start the week......a good friend and colleague of mine sent me this (amongst others) and I thought it would be the perfect opener for this thread...

On finding food in the Middle Ages, Carenza Lewis said on Time Team Live "you`d eat Beaver if you could get it"Big Grin

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

double en tendre for archies - mercenary - 9th April 2006

I'd quite like to start a company called Beaver Archaeology based in Beverley, E. Yorks (meaning beaver stream or similar), but it probably brings to mind too many dodgy images. Oh well....

double en tendre for archies - diggerhobbit - 9th April 2006

i spent the day looking around flag fen museum/village yesterday and there was a school party of little kids and the tour guide was saying to them 'so why is it called the bronze age?' .......'because they used tools made of bronze....this is the same for the stone age and the iron age when they used tools made out of stone and iron.' etc etc then this little kid pipes up 'is that the same for the ice age sir!' i love the innocence of kids, i tried unconvincingly to turn my laughter into a coughing fit but had to leave - you gotta love em!
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

double en tendre for archies - eggbasket - 10th April 2006

Not archaeological yet, but the name change could become significant to future historians nad archaeologists:

Arcadia University, Philadelphia, was formerly known as Beaver College. Apparently they were subject to some ridicule!

Cheers,
Eggbasket
Gentleman Adventurer and Antique

"A stitch in time saves precious bodily fluids."

double en tendre for archies - BAJR Host - 10th April 2006

For anyone who remembers the Roman Fort excavation of Elginhaugh up in Scotland..

Site tour,.... and in a line across the site are 10-12 women using long-handled hoes to clean the surface of a barrack block...

up comes the director... (or was it the asst. director?)

waves hand expansively across the scene...

"these are my hoers"

ouch...... if look could kill ..... never was sure whether it was a genuine mistake.

Another day another WSI?

double en tendre for archies - the invisible man - 10th April 2006

A female student/customer invited me to come and look at her bottom.

I used the line ever since.

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.

double en tendre for archies - amber - 10th April 2006

and not forgetting that old classic: can I come down your hole?

Nice cleavage. (one for pot people)

double en tendre for archies - gumbo - 11th April 2006

Hadnt seen this thread. Ha ha.

A classic on this research dig I was on a few years back. We had been digging a waterlogged cemetery and during the site tour the triumphal site supervisor, talking about the excellent results in the face of adveristy, uttered the immortal line, '...of course, when it gets wet we dont stop, we just keep on pumping' A number of people had to leave the tour for a few minutes and a site t-shirt was soon on the market...

G

double en tendre for archies - Matthew Ginnever - 11th April 2006

Last summer on a training dig, I will always remember the laughter after a male student popped his head over the top of his trench and shouted to his supervisor "I've got wood!"

double en tendre for archies - deepdigger - 12th April 2006

When digging in Cardiff a good friend said "Go and tell the supervisor(no names, no pack drill) I've got bone"! Followed by " Can't believe I just said that"

deep