The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Where's troll? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Where's troll? (/showthread.php?tid=2172)

Where's troll? - muddyandcold - 24th March 2006

What on earth has occurred to troll?? After his numerous appearances on this site he has all but disappeared! Is it in someway connected to his appointment as a curator??

Where's troll? - BAJR Host - 25th March 2006

He has been taken from here to a place of curation... there to be sat behind a desk until unable to move through bun ingestion...

but... seriously... I was thinking that same thought this very morn....

Another day another WSI?

Where's troll? - troll - 25th March 2006

Good morning all.Apologies for absence lately.Truth is, I hit my wall I`m afraid.The average (apparently) is around four years before an archaeologist finally throws in the towel.For me, eight years.A couple of weeks ago I finally made the decision to go out and find a real job and e-mailed Mr Hosty to that effect. I suppose that I can no longer stand by and watch the un-policed incompetence ubiquitous on the commercial circuit.Particularly in light of an entirely un-regulated industry and a back-peddling "professional" Institute.I will of course continue (with your permission) to contribute here but, as a member of the public.Love and cream cakes to all!Big Grin

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

Where's troll? - BAJR Host - 25th March 2006

Still comin to the conference though...?? even members of the public are welcome.

Another day another WSI?

Oh yes indeedy sire!!!!!!!!Big Grin

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

Where's troll? - diggerhobbit - 25th March 2006

from troll: 'I suppose that I can no longer stand by and watch the un-policed incompetence ubiquitous on the commercial circuit.'

oh really?.....and your new job is....Wink

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

More bearable than the last one and, the beginning of a way out

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)Big GrinBig Grin

Where's troll? - muddyandcold - 7th April 2006

But troll hadn't you just made it into the brave new world of curatorial archaeology?? What are you doing now to earn a crust??

Where's troll? - troll - 8th April 2006

Greetings and salutations to all.Much soul-searching lately and have had to think seriously about how I move next.Have had a good look around at some of the civvie jobs available out there in the real world and have been convincing myself that I could spend the rest of my working life getting out of my sack to go and do them.Failed miserably.I have a cunning plan-I`m going to take a leap of faith and apply for a masters as so many of my younger colleagues have done in the hope that I can move sideways rather than out of archaeology.As I will be almost entirely reliant upon funding, I`ve thrown meself back into the mud to bank some overtime.So, positive things are happening-the archaeology is turning out to be sexy too.Was a close shave.Have no idea where the Curator rumour came from guys, no truth in it I`m afraid-would be a planning commitee`s worst nightmare and my host county would quickly become filled to the brim with chocolate shops and bookshops full of fart jokes.Big Grin