The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
warts and all documentary - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: warts and all documentary (/showthread.php?tid=2151)

Pages: 1 2

warts and all documentary - diggerhobbit - 24th February 2006

How about a proper warts and all documentary/series following the trials and tribulations of an archaeological unit/group of diggers?? How they deal with the pressure of the developers breathing down their necks, what they do to keep their spirits up in freezing conditions, how they cope when the portaloo hasn't been cleaned for a good while. Having laughed about this possibility with friends on different digs, we figure this would be the best way of selling archaeology to the public! whaddya think? [8D]

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

warts and all documentary - troll - 24th February 2006

Sounds good! Sort of a "aint harf hot mum" jobby? A Mark Thomas product? Or a full-on horizon/dispatches jobby? Hows about one outlining how we cope with having to watch the grown-ups little "compromises" trash archaeology?Wink

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

warts and all documentary - diggerhobbit - 25th February 2006

i was thinking along the lines of each digger gets their own trowel cam: Day 1, Trench 6, has hobbit finally managed to figure out what the hell is going on, what cuts what? ahhhh!!! Day 2: Panic on site as big wigs make unannounced visit......da da daaaaaaa Big Grin. Havent figured out what the theme tune should be yet (???) but I think it would be a laugh! And also informative - it could follow the whole process through from starting the site to the post-ex so the public get a more realistic idea of what commercial archaeology is really about [:o)], but then again they may just get bored!

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

warts and all documentary - troll - 25th February 2006

portaloo cam? mattock cam? buttock cam?thrombosis cam?

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

warts and all documentary - sniper - 25th February 2006

digger bucket cam: to wave goodbye to the archaeology...

++ i spend my days rummaging around in dead people ++

warts and all documentary - troll - 25th February 2006

could do with some stereotypes for aforesaid documenary:
1.the ranter
2.the denier
3.the apathetic
4.the empty suit
5.the inflated suit
6.the suicidal (what cuts what/what the feck is that doing there)
7.the smoker
8.the beard fondler
9.the buttock scratcher
10.the apologistBig Grin

11. the newbie
12. the old timer
13. the flatulent
14. the flirt
15. the caffeine addict
16. the cake eater

Big Grin[8D]

17. the quiet one

and the title..."Grime Team: the hole truth"

Big Grin mud, sweat and beers: a diggers tale