The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Any big news? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Any big news? (/showthread.php?tid=2132)

Pages: 1 2 3

Any big news? - Farm - 27th January 2006

Ok, I'll admit it, I work in television, sadly leaving my career as an archaeologist behind...

But, I am making a series about archaeology and would love to know your thoughts about what's big news in archaeology at the moment. What do you think are the major revelations and unexpected discoveries in the British Isles and worldwide? What's causing all the excitement?

Cheers!

Any big news? - Sparky - 27th January 2006

er...Thornborough, loads of new stuff exposed on the west coast of Scotland from recent storms, corruption and scandal abounds wherever you look...got a job with Watch Dog?

Any big news? - gumbo - 27th January 2006

Recent finds of Palaeolithic occupation dating to 700,000BC on the Norfolk/Suffolk coast and the early saxon royal burial at Prittlewell, Southend excavated by MOLAS are two that spring to mind.

G

Any big news? - roywhiting - 27th January 2006

The massive amount of human burials at a site in Leicester made the headlines briefly yesterday, with the head of the Leicester Unit being interviewed live on Radio 5 Live. The site appears to be from 12th through to 16th century and there have been around 3000 individuals excavated if memory serves.

Public like a bit of that stuff.

Any big news? - Sparky - 27th January 2006

I guess you want stuff that hasn't hit the press yet, unlike a lot of the above stuff? Its sometimes awkward for commercial units to disclose information as it may breach client confidentiality. In some cases particular organisations use the discovery of archaeology to their advantage, i.e. good press in local or national media. On other occasions you might never hear anything about great archaeology because its too sensitive. I'd imagine you want people to contact you privately.

Any big news? - Digger - 27th January 2006

How about following a group (herd, gaggle,murder... what is the collective noun for a group of archaeologists?) of archaeologists about, preferably in torrential winter rains, on a flood plain site, with a site hut with no power or heating constructed for twelve dwarfs, with unemptied or non existant porta-loos. Give Tony a run for his money.

I think its a contradiction of archaeologists...

G

How about a context of archaeologist? The particular feature either being a site or pub. Would also help to place us whithin the site stratigraphy and matrix.

Or just keep it simple, how about a SOKE or maybe a SOZZLE?

I like the idea of a matrix of archaeologists. I think this would be a useful exercise to find out if everyone does actually relate to each other by proxy.