The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Working in America - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Working in America (/showthread.php?tid=2114)

Pages: 1 2

Working in America - Oxbeast - 6th January 2006

Hello.

Haven't posted in ages because I've been on a vast and muddy away job. About to go off on another....

What I want to know is, has anyone got experience of digging in the US? What kind of archaeology do they get up to? I'm geussing that it will be the prehistoric/Mesolithicy/native american stuff, and elaborate recording of nineteenth century stuff that we would machine through here. Anyone know what the conditions and management are like, and would they give me more kudos for having a posh accent? If so, I will work on one.

many thanks,

Oxbeast

Working in America - AchingTrenchHeadAtADesk - 6th January 2006

You've machined through native american stuff in the uk?

Working in America - Oxbeast - 15th January 2006

Never mind, I'll ask the yanks...

Working in America - Digger - 16th January 2006

Sorry Oxbeast, have no experience of working there. A issue though would be GREEN CARD, not sure how you work around getting one. Shovelbums list where the work is in the states check it out as there may be links to where you can talk to bods on the ground. Not much mate but I hope it helps!

Working in America - trowelfodder - 16th January 2006

Dont think this will help much as is a bit bleak but I tried to do the same thing a few years ago and it was a nightmare! After being offered a job the employer ended up backing out as the immigration and work permits were a nightmare!! Have you tried maybe contacting a few of the universities out there and seeing if you can get involved thatway - but I have to admit that they are mainly fieldschools which expect you to pay. What about signing up for archaeology abroad and fingers crossed they may want supervisors?

Sorry cant be more possitveSad

Working in America - Sith - 17th January 2006

My message would be similar to that from Trowelfodder. I haven't worked stateside myself, but he stories I have heard from American coleagues make the UK situation on jobs and standards look positively heavenly.

D. Vader
Senior Consultant

Vader Maull & Palpatine
Archaeological Consultants

With our combined strength, we can end this destructive conflict and bring order to the IFA

Working in America - deepdigger - 28th January 2006

Don't the Americans Dig less but sieve more?
And so find roughly the same amount of finds as we do?

deep

Working in America - Sith - 31st January 2006

Quote:quote:Originally posted by deepdigger

Don't the Americans Dig less but sieve more?
And so find roughly the same amount of finds as we do?

deep

Many of them also believe the Harris Matrix to be a complex series of illusions, deluding the un-enlightened into thinking that they understand stratigraphy.

D. Vader
Senior Consultant

Vader Maull & Palpatine
Archaeological Consultants

Our geophysicists have completed their scan of the area and found nothing

Working in America - deepdigger - 1st February 2006

Yeah! That too!!

deep

Working in America - Sparky - 1st February 2006

There's a lot of people in this country who believe that Harris Matrices are a complex series of illusions, deluding the un-enlightened into thinking that they understand stratigraphy....