The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Archaeology Cymru - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Archaeology Cymru (/showthread.php?tid=2077)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Archaeology Cymru - troll - 2nd December 2005

I love you.Big Grin

Archaeology Cymru - Real Job - 2nd December 2005

[:I]

Archaeology Cymru - 1man1desk - 3rd December 2005

Quote:quote:How does the IFA which seems to have accredited him feel about his veiws?
(posted by trowelfodder)

Quote:quote:If the organisation really wants to demonstrate that it is fit to represent all the profession including representing the interests of the workforce, it will kick this individual out.

If it does not, that will surely suggest that those who argue that it only represents the interests of employers are right.
(posted by Real Job)

The IFA has accredited this person as a PIFA, the lowest grade of membership, which is not hard to legitimately qualify for. They have not accredited his company (it is not an RAO) and they have not endorsed his working or employment practices. Note that, as the company is not an RAO, they can only take action against him as an individual for things he might have done as an individual - they have no power over the company.

As for disciplinary action - as far as I am aware, the website that has caused offence is fairly new and may only very recently have come to the attention of the IFA. The IFA can't just rush to summary judgement - they have to investigate before they can take action, and also ask the accused person for his side of the story (only fair!).

Assuming they do find that he (as an individual) is in breach of the Code of Conduct/by-laws of the IFA, I believe that they may be obliged to try to resolve the issues by discussion leading to his changing his practice, and only if this fails (or he won't cooperate) can they go to the ultimate sanction of throwing him out.

If the IFA were to act precipitately, without due process, then they would themselves be in breach not only of their own rules but also the law. While they investigate, there will be nothing visible in public, but lots of activity below the surface. So, wait (possibly some months - I'm not sure how it takes) to see what happens before you condemn the IFA for inaction.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

Archaeology Cymru - the invisible man - 3rd December 2005

Assuming that a formal complaint has been lodged, or that the matter had brought to the attention of the IFA, who are not, as seems to be believed, policemen.

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.

Archaeology Cymru - 1man1desk - 3rd December 2005

Well, I can't comment on that, but given that so many people seem so concerned about the company in question it would be surprising if no-one had written to the IFA about it.

I note that the IFA has, just within the last few months, changed their disciplinary code to give themselves more freedom to take action in the absence of a formal complaint from outside. The changes have been posted on their website for a while, and were circulated to all members in last week's mailing.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

Archaeology Cymru - BAJR Host - 3rd December 2005

And if that is the case.... we should be mindful not to predujiceany investigations... if they are indeed happening.

So lets wait and see what happens... one way or the other..

:face-topic:

Another day another WSI?

Archaeology Cymru - Real Job - 4th December 2005

There seems to be clear evidence that this individual has breached at least two sections of the IFA code of conduct. This applies to all members of the IFA regardless of their grade of membership (or how easy it is to achieve such accreditation). Namely his comments about not employing trade union members seem to infringe the following:
Quote:quote:5.1 An archaeologist shall give due regard to the requirements of employment legislation relating to employees, colleagues or helpers
If things are still the same from my time as a union rep, discrimination on grounds of union membership is regarded in law as seriously as discrimination on grounds of sex and race. The individual discriminated against would be entitled to an unlimited pay out if an industrial tribunal found in their favour.
And:
Quote:quote:5.7 An archaeologist shall have due regard to the rights of individuals who wish to join or belong to a trade union, professional or trade association.

I am not sure how what I and others say can prejudice an IFA enquiry. Just as the IFA is not a policeman, it is not a court of law.

The sanctions available to the IFA if they discover a breach of their code are to reprimand, suspend or expel the individual. Presumably their choice will indicate how seriously they regard this apparent breach of their own rules and employment law.

I don't expect swift action by the IFA, but it would be nice if any of the IFA members out there could keep us informed of any developments...

Archaeology Cymru - 1man1desk - 4th December 2005

Real Job,

The only IFA members who will know of any developments will be those actively involved in the investigation.

Also, if 'developments' in an investigation were made public before the investigation was complete and any conclusion reached, then that would be unfair to the person under investigation.

My interpretation of the rules, and of the items on the website under discussion, may not differ much (or at all) from yours - but I will wait patiently to see what happens.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

Archaeology Cymru - troll - 5th December 2005

Magistrates courts are open for any member of the public to attend and view the proceedings from inception to conclusion.The press also attend.

Archaeology Cymru - deepdigger - 5th December 2005

A friend of mine recently applied for a job with the aforementioned company, only to be told that part of his duties would be babysitting Karls children as part of his contract!
Yeah right Karl no worries!!

deep