The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Archaeology Cymru - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Archaeology Cymru (/showthread.php?tid=2077)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Archaeology Cymru - Tim - 2nd December 2005

Interestinglg K-J L etc has signed the Suzanne Ostoff petition and is the only one to put his "Qualifications".

Little Tim

Archaeology Cymru - Post-Med Potterer - 2nd December 2005

He has actually signed it twice, No.49 and No.101

Archaeology Cymru - trowelfodder - 2nd December 2005

Having worked in welsh archaeology for a number of years the number of times that the names Archaeology Cymru and Karl James Langford have entered conversations is innumerable. Whilst still in university his dubiuos practices were well known and I have been warned on a number of occasions by separate people/organisations that under no circumstances is it a good idea to get involved with him or his company. If BARJ is interested in further evidence of serious misconduct it may well be worth them getting in contact with staff at the Gwent Glamorgan Unit or Margam Country Park both of which may have some very interesting comments.

But then again as there doesnt appear to be any laws in place to stop this kind of compang operating what can really be done?

How does the IFA which seems to have accredited him feel about his veiws?

Archaeology Cymru - achingknees - 2nd December 2005

watch it folks. this flies close to issues of the AUP.

Archaeology Cymru - Sparky - 2nd December 2005

There are quite a few people out there with dodgy working practices; I think we all know that. What makes the naming of this bloke any different? If we continue to give him a hard time why aren't we doing it to the rest of them? Has he not had time to reply to the accusers, or does he not have the financial clout to defend himself accordingly?
I think this should be taken relatively and that he shouldn't be made a scape-goat for all the other w**kers! }Smile

Archaeology Cymru - leg11aug - 2nd December 2005

...Hi again, this IS awfully close to an acceptible use issue so I'll try and tread carefully. What sparky says is true, there are alot of dodgy bosses out there, most of them have the wit not to state their more radical opinions on a public forum though! I think it was that, more than any "scapegoating", that kicked this off. I'm not sure there's much more useful to be said about it though.
I think Trolls "one word summation" pretty much covers it for me.

throwing in the trowel..

Archaeology Cymru - Real Job - 2nd December 2005

I'm not sure I agree with Leg11. The one crucial question thrown up by this is how will the IFA react to discriminatory employment practice being endorsed in a public forum by one of its members.

If the organisation really wants to demonstrate that it is fit to represent all the profession including representing the interests of the workforce, it will kick this individual out.

If it does not, that will surely suggest that those who argue that it only represents the interests of employers are right.

Archaeology Cymru - BAJR Host - 2nd December 2005

In fact so close to the AUP that i better remind people as well.

The initial request was for information off list....

please remember that..... this is public...

shall we move on.... ?? go on.... just for me.. please.

this forum will be kept informed of developments (both good and bad).. but until such times...this is not the place.

And I am grateful that he signed the petition... we need everyone we can get... Have you emailed everyone you know yet??

thanks

Another day another WSI?

Archaeology Cymru - troll - 2nd December 2005

Accept and agree Mr Hosty.So lets just draw a line under this one by simply saying that;
In modern 21st century archaeology, Britain leads the way in managing the nations heritage.Those validated by a democratically elected institute are indeed professionals, completely competent and in no way related to soft cuddly puppets from a certain T.V show involving a green frog-type compare.

Archaeology Cymru - Real Job - 2nd December 2005

Quote:quote:democratically elected institute

What institute is that then?

If you mean the IFA, does that make their joining fee some sort of poll tax...? Big Grin