The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur (/showthread.php?tid=2071)

Pages: 1 2

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - mysteryman - 21st November 2005

Someone at work today told me that it is possible for anyone under the age of 25, who is a recent archaeology graduate, to gain EU funding to teach archaeological excavation techniques to students in EU countries. Does anyone know who to contact regarding this? I've just tried searching on google and can't find anything about it.

Thanks.

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - kevin wooldridge - 21st November 2005

Quote:quote:Originally posted by mysteryman

Someone at work today told me that it is possible for anyone under the age of 25, who is a recent archaeology graduate, to gain EU funding to teach archaeological excavation techniques to students in EU countries. Does anyone know who to contact regarding this? I've just tried searching on google and can't find anything about it.

You may be too late. There was a project at Mt. Beuvray, France similar to what you describe. I think it ran in 2003. You can find out more by going to the IFA website http://www.archaeologists.net and finding the 'Training the Trainers' section.

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - 1man1desk - 22nd November 2005

Bearing in mind recent discussions about the standard of new graduates, does anyone think that recent graduates under 25 should be teaching excavation techniques?

This is not to put the graduates down - it is just that the consensus seems to be that the Universities don't teach excavation techniques adequately for graduates to work effectively on site without further training, so presumably they can't teach what they don't know.

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - mercenary - 22nd November 2005

Not unless they started digging when they were about 10 and kept it up throughout uni.

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - mysteryman - 22nd November 2005

Having spoken recently to a number of people I work with who only did two weeks fieldwork experience at uni, I agree with you. I was just interested in finding out more about this. I only got given sketchy details so I don't know whether they would be teaching or just helping supervise students.

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - mercenary - 22nd November 2005

Sorry, my comment was not meant as an attack in any way. I'm just really surprised that it is/was only open to under 25's. I'm an old lag now, but at 25 I had exactly no archaeological experience.

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - mysteryman - 24th November 2005

Sorry if I sounded offended. I wasn't. I do agree that people 25 and under are genuinely lacking in experience. I'm 23 and have only six months experience. I only know the very little amount of information I was given so I don't know what responsibilities the people will need. I was told they would be teaching excavation techniques but the information I was given might not be very accurate.

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - the invisible man - 25th November 2005

To add fuel to the general anti-uni ethos here, it is the case that many university dig "supervisors" are third year students, or post-grads if you're lucky!

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - troll - 29th November 2005

Have to mirror everyones comments here- would be an extremely disturbing state of play if EU members needed to be taught by recent UK graduates.....having said that, there are times when newly graduated archs are forced to teach MIFAs tooWink

European Union funding to teach archaeology in Eur - Bier Keller - 14th December 2005

Europe is not England - so many many ancient cultures, different chronologies, and then the language problem....nice idea but I really doubt if a graduate with bugger all digging time would be asked to lecture on it in England...so why Europe?

Still if the wages were better than what I take now I would maybe get the false papers that said born in Stoke in 1982. Smile

Just give me a cold Becks