The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Real Ale or White Wines? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Real Ale or White Wines? (/showthread.php?tid=205)

Real Ale or White Wines? - muddyandcold - 30th July 2006

In the good awld days archaeologists loved nothing better than a fine pint of real ale for breakfast, teabreaks, lunch, supper and nightcap [xx(]. What is the preferred drink of the archaeologist today? :face-topic:

Real Ale or White Wines? - trowelhead - 1st August 2006

need to expand on that list I fear! Baileys Big Grin

Close enough for a country job!

Real Ale or White Wines? - Curator Kid - 1st August 2006

And it needs Gin. [:p]

Real Ale or White Wines? - archaeophobe - 1st August 2006

List is way too short - what about

Whiskey / Scotch
Pims
Red Wine
Port
Sloe Gin
or
"the nearest thing to hand"

Big Grin

Wine then beer makes you queer, beer then wine is just fine. If in doubt drink gin.

Real Ale or White Wines? - kevin wooldridge - 3rd August 2006

Despite the 'hard to shake' boozy image I actually know that the preferred drink of the majority of archaeologists is tea. Unshakeable fact. Have you ever known an archaeologist miss a tea break? (Other than the cranky ones, who need to get a life.....!!)

Of course I am not saying that tea doesn't on occassions get 'fortfied' (especially during dark, wet and cold winter tea times). Or even in the summer....I well remember a breakfast in Portsmouth many years back that introduced me to the delights of anchovies and slices of raw chili on toast and lapsong suchong mixed with Gordons Gin rather than milk (Maybe even a discussion as to whether, if invited to tea with elderly members of the Royal Family, it was polite for one to put the gin in the teacup before or after the tea!!)

Real Ale or White Wines? - Weegie - 3rd August 2006

Very true, Kevin. I didn't even like tea until I went on my first excavation, and found I had no choice.

I also have shaky memories of the bad old boozy days, especially visiting one CEU project in Devon where the drink of choice was 'real Devon snakebite', a pint of rough cider with a double gin in it. I was silly enough to drink those all night. Oh my poor heid....[xx(]