The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
need a job - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: need a job (/showthread.php?tid=2046)

Pages: 1 2

need a job - judy - 26th October 2005

Hi all,
Sorry I did not say hello when I first came to the site.
I just lost my job?.Sad
Dispirit, frustrated, annoyed and adamant to work in Archaeology?. I studied the damn thing because I love it. I had enough of doing other things.
I live in London if you know any one who wants their garden dug up I?m willing to give a generous discount.Wink

Judy

need a job - achingknees - 26th October 2005

sorry to hear that. it's happened to most of us at some stage. chin up - check the bajr job section. good luck.

need a job - troll - 26th October 2005

Hi Judy-never mind mate-wont be long before your up to your knees in the delights of winter! Tiz those that are keen and persistant that win the day....good hunting mate.Big Grin

need a job - the invisible man - 27th October 2005

Are there any stats, or is there any feedback, on the effectiveness of the BAJR CV service thingy? Put brutally, has anyone had a bite/got an interview/got a job through it?

Just wondered.

Today, Bradford. Tomorrow, well, Bradford probably.

need a job - judy - 27th October 2005

No, because I was going mad as the end of the moth is approaching fast, so I applied for nearly 8 jobs from there some of which so far away from where I live thinking at lest I get experience and some cigarette money?.
But no my friend, not even an acknowledgment of receiving the e-mail. Maybe my name is a put off! What about every one else?

need a job - mercenary - 27th October 2005

Never got a job from it, but have been tracked down at least twice by old friends who had lost touch. Actually, now I think about it one did offer me a job.

Hang in there Judy, it'll come. In my experience 8 applications is not really enough, unless you are very lucky. Apply everywhere you can get an address for.Smile

need a job - Reggie - 27th October 2005

Bit of cross-purposes I think here - Invisibleman is talking about the BAJR CV service and Judy is talking about the Employment Page?

As for me, I haven't used the CV service but have applied for a couple of jobs from the Employment page, with no success as yet.

I started looking for work in May this year and sent a letter and CV off to about 10 companies. I included an SAE and my email address. From these I only got 2 replies - both courtesy letters saying no work but they would keep my CV on file. A bit off-putting/annoying that most of the companies couldn't even be bothered to send an acknowledgment either in the envelope provided or as a couple of lines of email....

Advice given to me by archaeologist friends was that a lot of units prefer to actually talk to potential new employees, either on the phone or in person. For me this seems to have paid off as after making a couple of phone calls to local units I have now been offered work with one and have established a contact in the other which may prove fruitful for future work.

Hope you have better luck soon Judy !

Where would I fined my ?local Archaeology Unit? I live in London MOL don?t have jobs or at lest don?t answer my letters they are the biggest unit around u see. Please advice, Thank you all, waiting, believe u me I?m good at waiting.

need a job - Reggie - 27th October 2005

I noticed MOLAS are advertising at the moment on BAJR with a closing date of 28th Oct and immediate starts possible. Why don't you call them right now and emphasis that you will be available at short notice, etc and what skills you have and that you are keen. They can't ignore you on the phone so at least you should be able to get some sort of answer.

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, But did U see the pay, don't make me laugh, I did apply, and I'm waiting, lets see.