The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
WHS Spear and Jackson - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: WHS Spear and Jackson (/showthread.php?tid=2029)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

WHS Spear and Jackson - troll - 19th October 2005

Jaeterhand? Please don`t tell me thats one of them there bent hook type thingies! Have seen carnage causewd with one of they! May as well excavate with a chunk of 4x2 with a nail in it. Apologies-being negative prompts discussion and change-in this case, one of our most important tools(other than the kettle)has been reduced to something akin to a tin-foil shovel. Big Grin

WHS Spear and Jackson - Pedant - 19th October 2005

Troll, trust me, in the right hands a Jaeterhand is incomparable! But you do need to practise - I have seen ridge and furrow recreated in miniature by someone trying one out for the first time. I can clean a trench faster with one than with a trowel (tho not faster than with a hoe, admittedly) and to a better standard. Let's face it, any tool wielded by someone who doesn't know how to use it is going to do damage...
Big Grin

You can always tell a Brummie... but you can't tell him much

WHS Spear and Jackson - Tim - 21st October 2005

Don't touch the German made trowel with blue or red handles, they have extremely thin blades and are for working in dry sand only.

Little Tim

WHS Spear and Jackson - Beardstroker - 21st October 2005

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Beer Beast

In the spirit of the forum I offer this.

Thankfully Oxford Archaeology have ditched the new WHS/Spear&Jackson trowels and have embraced Marshalltown as a way forward for our field staff.

Nice to see that a unit actually provides trowels for it's diggers I'd say. Unheard of in my day, even when working for Local Authority units who provided everything else

WHS Spear and Jackson - troll - 22nd October 2005

Still not convinced by them there bent hooky fingies.Perhaps upon reflection, the carnage I witnessed was more due to the gimp who was wielding it (now a supervisor).
Naaah.Give me good old fashioned WHS any time. None of this Datsun tinsle crud they`re pumping out now. Huzzah! Theres an idea! Why don`t we field test the different kit sponsored by the manufacturers?
Who fancies a little trowel racing to convince me that right-angled German curtain rails can out- perform a tasty WHS-all hot and sweaty?Big Grin

WHS Spear and Jackson - BAJR Host - 22nd October 2005

Already there... Troll old mucker....

waiting to hear back from WH... er... Spear an... hold on... Neill Tools Ltd.

Then want to get 4 of each and set them to the BAJR trowel Test

Another day another WSI?

WHS Spear and Jackson - troll - 23rd October 2005

Beery-ur on mate!A goodly nest of cream eggs to the victors?Big Grin

WHS Spear and Jackson - sniper - 23rd October 2005

and no cheating or sabotage. I volunteer to referee, as long as I can get a cream egg out of it as well Big Grin

++ i spend my days rummaging around in dead people ++

WHS Spear and Jackson - mercenary - 24th October 2005

On the providing kit subject I spoke to a mate on the weekend who on starting a new job was expected to provide own mattock and shovel. I was especially interested in this as the unit has recently come in for stick on the messageboard. Anyone else had this experience?

WHS Spear and Jackson - Cautionary Tale - 24th October 2005

I'm quite stunnned to hear that that sort of equipment is not provided. I always expected excavators to have their own trowel, but could normally buy a couple out of the budget if people didn't own one or lost it etc. Whatever next :face-confused:}Smile?

(I really have worked in the field)