The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Archaeological Anniversary - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Archaeological Anniversary (/showthread.php?tid=1991)

Pages: 1 2 3

Archaeological Anniversary - eggbasket - 8th September 2005

This week sees the 20th anniversary of the first ever dig I worked on. Boy do I feel old!

The site was a rather nice medieval site, on which I managed to remain completely unimpressed by the piece of Samian I found. I still remain unimpressed by Samian (unless it has erotic motifs!) Big Grin although I would at least recognise it as such nowadays. The other main thing I remember from this site was digging a medieval midden that contained a two foot thick layer of oyster shells and which was about ten feet deep. I was working in a hole that was about four feet wide and whose top edge was well above my head, and I never even thought that it might be unsafe! No one even mentioned shoring. How things have changed. Of course, I also managed to completely miss the edges of this feature, which was in reality a good 6 to 8 feet in diameter. I hope I have learnt from this by now and can find an edge.

I think this calls for buns and cakes so I hope you will all dash out immediately and help me celebrate.

Cheers,
Eggbasket

Eggy by name, eggy by nature

Archaeological Anniversary - Pedant - 8th September 2005

Indeed eggy, many congratulations. I managed to let my own 20th anniversary pass unremarked - in August 1984 I spent a very jolly 2 weeks on Philip Barker's training course at Wroxeter. Left me totally unprepared for the realities of commercial archaeology (especially as there were no deep holes whatsoever Big Grin) but at least I learned how to plan.

Will see if I can find you a nice cake.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Archaeological Anniversary - 1man1desk - 8th September 2005

Sorry, Eggy - you should know better. On such occasions, it is your duty to get the cakes in, so out the door and down to the baker pronto!

1man1desk

Quote:quote:Originally posted by 1man1desk

Sorry, Eggy - you should know better. On such occasions, it is your duty to get the cakes in, so out the door and down to the baker pronto!

Gah, typical consultant, taking the cakes from the cake pot and leaving the rest of us with none. Get your own cakes! Smile

Don't have a stegosaurus, man.

Archaeological Anniversary - Sith - 8th September 2005

I know how consultants stuff the cakes into their gaping mouths Eggy, but perhaps you could enlighten us about how an elephant might ask for a bun?

Smile

Gissa bun!

Archaeological Anniversary - gumbo - 8th September 2005

Congrats Eggbasket. Im in the process of eating a rather large pie in the office at the moment, so its not just the consultants. However, as far as I am aware, site rules do state that the birthday/ anniversary boy buys the cakes.

Gumbo

Archaeological Anniversary - Sith - 8th September 2005

Hey! Watch out for my finger Gumbo. [:0]

Archaeological Anniversary - BAJR Host - 9th September 2005

More Cake now!

happy oldfartnniversary

Another day another WSI?

Archaeological Anniversary - eggbasket - 9th September 2005

Well, I bought the cakes for all of you but nobody turned up so I had to eat them all myself. I think I feel a bit sick now! Big Grin

Eggbasket