The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Working in France or Spain - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Working in France or Spain (/showthread.php?tid=1973)

Working in France or Spain - EarlySlav - 1st August 2005

While not on the cards at the moment does anyone have any idea what the situation is for working in France and Spain as an archaeologist full time rather then just on the summer university digs. Would be good to know that British diggers can find work in the rest of Europe or are we held back by a lack of knowing other languages or employment rules?

Working in France or Spain - Tim - 8th August 2005

For France you will have to apply to INRAP in French (You will need to speak french to a good standard although most french/belgian archaeologists I know speak very good english). French applications are extremely polite and structured in diplomatic language so try and get it written/checked by a francophone (get in touch with me and I'll do it for you/send you dummy application letters with correct INRAP addresses for you to fill in your name/dates etc I can help you with Fench terminology etc-I will not write you're complete CV for you). I've just applied to all the INRAP 'Sieges regionals's in the last month and although there is work in France there are, like in Britain to many archaeologists for the work available. Most Site work is short term and itinerate but at least based on regional pools of diggers. There are at least 12 sites (of many periods and of different project lengths about to be excavated in the Franche Compte, Jura Fran?aise, Teretoire de Belfort and the Bourgone.

INRAP addresses can be found at http://www.inrap.fr/www/inrap/annuaire_gb.aspx

good luck

Little Tim

Working in France or Spain - EarlySlav - 8th August 2005

Thanks Tim for the excellant information. If we go it will be a few more years down the line. Best of luck on your own job search.Smile