The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Where did everyone go to university? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Where did everyone go to university? (/showthread.php?tid=1884)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Where did everyone go to university? - deepdigger - 12th May 2005

come on then folks, tell us all on here where you went to university and how you rate that college. was it great for some parts but not so for others?

I went to uwcn, it was ok but a bit heavy on the anthropology modules.

deep

Where did everyone go to university? - Maltaire - 13th May 2005

Is there Mesoamerican and Andean archaeology somewhere in university in Britain?

Where did everyone go to university? - Digger - 13th May 2005

University of Queensland. Double major in anthropology, single major in classics and ancient history. Strangely did Meso studies as the University digs hole in Copan. Haven't come across Brit Uni that covers that area.

Where did everyone go to university? - BAJR Host - 13th May 2005

Went to Edinburgh... left Edinburgh...went to Edinburgh....left Edinburgh.... went to Edinburgh... ah f##k it.... Went back to York got pissed, travelled the world and studied at the Uni of Life!Big Grin

Where did everyone go to university? - Pedant - 13th May 2005

Went to Durham, was completely horrified by the fact that I already had more practical experience when I went there than they required for a joint honours degree, got disillusioned and spent most of my 3 years doing Greek History in the Classics Department. Have used one single fact from the entire degree course during my working life. It might look good on paper, but it was a monstrous waste of 3 years when I could have been earning money.

[xx(]

Body at work and mind on vacation

Where did everyone go to university? - Penfold - 13th May 2005

Bradford, cities not much to shout about but the department is pretty good. The downside being that after three years of living on the many cheap takeaways I can barely look a curry in the face, unless I'm really hammeredBig Grin
Penfold

Where did everyone go to university? - Oxbeast - 13th May 2005

Maltaire; Dobre Denye. University College London is probably your best bet. Theres someone at Durham who does some stuff on Maya iconography, but there my knowledge runs out. Generally that kind of stuff is left up to the Yanks. try the new HERA database thingie on the main page...

Southampton and Sheffield. Staff at Soton were really good, and the human origins/primatology stuff was really interesting. Not that useful in contract archaeology I must admit, though some of my colleagues seem to belong in the monkey house.....
And Sheffield was cool. Avoided the industrial, stuck with the prehistoric...

Where did everyone go to university? - Oxbeast - 13th May 2005

Did Edinburgh keep kicking you out or something, BAJR?Big Grin[:p]

Where did everyone go to university? - Mole - 13th May 2005

Glasgow - good pubs & paid work with GUARD during hols. Don't remember much else.

Where did everyone go to university? - BAJR Host - 13th May 2005

I got a bit huffy about book learnin rather than field learnin

oh and there were a few... er.... incidents... hey... I couldn't help it if I am (was) a damned charmer!!
[:I]

plus I did not realise you had to go to classes to get a pass. I would pass the exam but then not get a pass nor non attendance at lectures... [:0]