The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Time Team - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Time Team (/showthread.php?tid=1874)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Time Team - Troll - 8th May 2005

"As far as I know, most of the profession have no problem with Time Team" Carenza Lewis 7.5.05.

DiscussBig Grin

Time Team - deepdigger - 9th May 2005

having played the time team drinking game to excess i'd have to say that the programme is about as funny as archaeology gets, for real proffesionals they act like we are told not to just for telly ratings. what a joke.

deep

Time Team - Beki - 9th May 2005

If there was no time team, there would be no time team drinking game...
Its entertaining, and it gets people interested in archaeology...

but at the same time, they don't show the public the real world of archaeology. Where's the guys filling out context sheets? planning? sampling? And i also don't like the way they make out that anyone can do archaeology....

Time Team - the invisible man - 9th May 2005

I would probably agree with Ms Lewis. Most have no problem with TT as it has no real relevance to archaeology. The novelty has worn off now anyway, and I don't know anyone who actually watches it any more.

I used to watch to a) point out people I have met or heard of and b) pick holes and quibble. But then I guess I'm just not a nice person...

A recent episode showed a site that I know very well (I stayed away) and their conclusions were at best hilarious, at worst ridiculous. The actual report (done by pros) will bear no relation to the programme. I know that nearly everyone has an anecdote about TT, but that show makes me wonder what else they have made up.

Time Team - deepdigger - 9th May 2005

errr ok! so there would be no drinking game, does'nt it make you sick when your working on a site and a member of the public comes up and says " time team are here". i used to get a bit uptight about this and say stuff like "no we're real archaeologists" but now i just say " yes, they are coming here in the next few months, and we are planting stuff for them to find so that it'll be interesting on the telly". usually they go away in disgust.

deep

Time Team - troll - 9th May 2005

Superb!Must remember that one. Am constantly confronted by muppet wannabe rappers with the obligatory "daffy-duck" beak grafted to their forehead with similar comments on the site at present. Will try that one out tomoz.

Time Team - EarlySlav - 9th May 2005

I think TimeTeam did archaeology a hell of lot of good and the survey side of the show was first rate. It helped save a lot of time wasting trying to explain geophysics to those involved in pre-excavation planning, landowners and the public. Smile

Time Team - deepdigger - 10th May 2005

this is true, stuart ainsworth deserves a programme of his own, how often have we seen him rescue the whole dig from the jaws of another disaster just by sitting back and studying the relationship of an earlier map with his own survey. this guy is a real pro!

deep

Time Team - EarlySlav - 10th May 2005

Stuart Ainsworth is as they say THE MAN!!![8D]

Time Team - deepdigger - 10th May 2005

YA! well said. he is the only true pro that they use. in my opinion.

deep