The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
archaeology abroad - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: archaeology abroad (/showthread.php?tid=1807)

archaeology abroad - itchy feet - 18th December 2004

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could advise on where i could find archaeological work abroad. I am looking at doing some backpacking around the world and would like to do some digging as i travelled. I'm not interested in field schools or the like, more voluntry or paid work. I'm at the very early stages of planning so am interested in hearing about any web sites that may advertise such oppertunities or if anyone knows of any other avenues to search, or indeed of any work!

archaeology abroad - the invisible man - 19th December 2004

Subscribe to Archaeology Abroad, it's about a tenner and the deatils are on the BAJR website.

archaeology abroad - troll - 21st December 2004

whilst subscribing to archaeology abroad is a bonus in that you gain loads of contact addresses-it can be depressing when you are asked to pay ridiculous amounts of money for the right to wash pot for 4 weeks.A good publication but, designed to sell archaeology as a tourist sport.I have more luck when I e-mail the excavation staff directly.I started out by writing to the board of antiquities in the countries where the tasty archaeology lives. They, if asked really nicely, will send you a list of directors with current or forthcoming field and laboratory based commitments in the country.E-mail all of them your c.v and attach a letter. A lot of the directors are either from foreign archaeology academic "schools" or university based programs.Its really a case of getting a foot in the door.Once people know you-you`re off mate!I`ve just got back from crawling through underground tombs in the near-east and have to face the reality of the circuit once again! I wish you luck on your journies-contact the people direct rather than flick through a publication selling you you`re own job.

archaeology abroad - Digger - 22nd December 2004

http://WWW.shovelbums.org has a mailing list of most of the USA jobs. I think the odd Canadian also. Have seen some interesting ones for Alaska and Hawaii. And yes they're the they pay you type!!

archaeology abroad - BAJR Host - 22nd December 2004

check out my other jobs sites section in the Employemt part of BAJR...

archaeology abroad - BAJR Host - 7th January 2005

Hello, saw a message on the board from itchyfeet who is looking for info on working abroad in archaeology but have forgotten my password etc. Could you be kind enough to pass on a message that he/she would probably find it to their advantage to look on the Grampus Heritage UK site. They run digs in Europe under the auspices of the EEC funded Leonardo da Vinci fund (a cross cultural organisation) and you get your transport/accomodation out paid for as well as getting a living allowance. If itchfeet needs any more info they can contact me on denhamken@hotmail.com.
Ta much, Ken Denham.

Big Grin