The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Digger Article - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Digger Article (/showthread.php?tid=1794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Digger Article - Petethedig - 25th January 2005

Thanks Troll! Say what you mean and mean what you say! I might just add to maybe the annoyance of a few, but that same argument goes for some archaeologist too! How many of you have some artefact's from a dig stuck in your study or on your desk? How many archaeologist who are paid so poorly take items from their sites and sell them too?
So my statement is thank you for the welcome.
incoming.........................Big Grin

Evil to him who thinks evil.

Digger Article - Alfie - 25th January 2005

A? the only artefact on my desk is this ancient Council Computer.NEVER on any of my sites have I ever even heard of diggers nicking from site and selling it on. I am amazed.
Although, hang on a minute, looking in the car park I have the crappiest car. Am I just the last to know?

Digger Article - troll - 25th January 2005

Good job I`ve enjoyed my day! No basis in fact whatsoever sir.Ever.The only muppet to make money out of archaeology is Tony Robinson.}Smile

Oh, and parasitic consultants with less talent than Robert Mugabe.And of course nice Mr Elgin.And Schliemann.[:I]

Back to the thread... Has anyone ever contacted Tessa Jowell and put our concerns to her? Capitalism and archaeology go together like poo and bread. If we are to be embedded in the commercial debacle, surely nice Ms Jowell should be approached with a view to providing our curators with the ability to remove detritus from their areas of jurisdiction.If we can take metal detectorists to court, why not contractors who clearly gained their degrees from a Kinder egg?[:p]

Digger Article - Digger - 26th January 2005

I think Tessa is more preoccupied by the Olympics than to give a rats about archaeology. Besides where do you think DCMS spending priority is right now? I think the vision of endless overseas trips and 'power' lunches for the next 7 years.... need I say more. So I doubt if the people in charge at the top are going to do anything. But whats that?... I't couldn't be! Aparently a particular unit is to be the subject of several County archeologists meeting together shortly. Topic- doggy tendering and substandard reporting. Seems a developer took the cheapist tender... so cheap that it has cost them a few million in lost time and delay due to... sorry can't say yet. Stay tuned.

Digger Article - troll - 26th January 2005

Then its about time we forced the power-lunchies to do something.They`re not Gods and they`re not untouchable either-trust me. Can`t wait to hear the outcome of said meeting although I have a number of unit names deficating in my memory already!:face-approve:

Digger Article - Petethedig - 27th January 2005

Sorry, but I feel I must pick up on one small point if you don't mind!
Please, going equipped to steal with a detector does in the right sense of the word not make someone a metal detectorist. Just like a man going equipped to steal with a crowbar a carpenter! And 'yes' archaeologist [u]do</u> take items from their sites and if you don't think that I'm happy to give you this example: And I have the odd bit of real Roman pottery from discards and spoil heaps, and a selection of coins I inherited from my granddad (via my late mother) which I have no idea where they came from so the PAS is stuffed as far as they are concerned but which help to add to the thrill for people being able to touch the real thing.
If BAJR want to know who and where this was written I'd be happy to supply the source. Sorry back to the thread!

Digger Article - troll - 27th January 2005

Pete-What on earth are you talking about? I give up mate.[:o)]

Digger Article - Petethedig - 27th January 2005

Troll thats easy. People in glass houses should think before they throw stones![:o)][:o)][:o)]