The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Digger Article - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Digger Article (/showthread.php?tid=1794)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Digger Article - BAJR Host - 5th October 2004

Lots of speculation about the latest Digger Article... a classic Digger

remember though that this is under investigation... so no names banded about here...

I am very hopeful that the IFA will show that they mean business on this.... and if it is not true... then they will also make available the fact. BAJR will also refuse any further contact if the investigation proves to be true.

What must be seen to be done is an investigation that either publicly punishes OR shows to be innocent the Unit.... otherwise rumours will persist. Please let this happen...

Digger Article - achingknees - 5th October 2004

Mmmm...not sure about this at all. I've seen enough to know that such allegations are sometimes true, sometimes exaggerated. My problem is that the issue has become prejudicial - mud sticks.

I wonder what the planning archaeologists thought of these practices? But then again, how many would have the nouse to recognise such? Wink

Thats why it is better that no rumours are started just yet until the investigation has been completed... it can be damaging for a company as these are serious allegations.... and at teh moment that is just what they are... allegations

Thats why it is better that no rumours are started just yet until the investigation has been completed... it can be damaging for a company as these are serious allegations.... and at teh moment that is just what they are... allegations

Digger Article - dunshauglin scapegoat - 6th October 2004

Situation sounds like most Irish Units Big Grin and comparible to the conditions I wrote about in the Digger some time ago regarding my experiences in 2002 on the Bord Gais pipeline project. Good to see the best practises making there way over from the emerald Isle...

Digger Article - Littlegem - 27th October 2004

its not an isolated case. i had a similar case with a group in the north, who although are an "amateur" group had an incredibly good reputation, which i rapidly concluded was because the site director was a great story teller. I was worried as soon as i stepped on the site, but horrified when the directors made fun of me for asking where the context sheets were to record my trench ("you dont need those") and when i realised that our small team or three were the only ones bothering to record *where* in a trench we found the few fragments of pottery, rather than just "trench three" (about four metre square trench with at least three different features obvious). I disappeared off site as soon as possible and am in the process of blanking the experience from my mind. They were IFA registered too, though i dont think they have much of a reputation anymore, thankfully!

Digger Article - roywhiting - 29th October 2004

It was a very interesting article. There's been a little specualtion at my place about whom it concerns.

Let's hope the IFA disciplinary committee get to the bottom of this. However, it would be foolish to rule out the possibility that the director or senior members of such an organization would be members high up in the IFA (committee members and such like). Let us hope that the investigation in to the unit is productive and goes unhampered by interference from within the IFA itself. There exists the possibility that a senior IFA member might sabotage any attempts at investigation if their own company was under the microscope.

Digger Article - BAJR Host - 2nd November 2004

Am in the process of producing a how to grass the buggers handbook..... along with the IFA.... they are keen to be inclusive and admit the failings.... I will be able to tell you a clean and painless way to report and hopefully have the problem resolved without to much pain

BAJR

Digger Article - Ash - 22nd November 2004

Is there any way to report units that are not registered with the IFA?

Regards

Ash

Digger Article - BAJR Host - 24th November 2004

fraid not ..... though the 2 places you can express yourself is to

a) BAJR info@bajr.org
b) The Digger
c) The County Archaeologist

please get in touch and we can at least see what we can do.

David