The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
First Aid Kits - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: First Aid Kits (/showthread.php?tid=1705)

Pages: 1 2 3

First Aid Kits - BAJR Host - 27th July 2009

Past Horizons is taking Health and Safety seriously. and have two First Aid Kits on Offer

the 1-2 People
http://www.pasthorizons.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=114

and the 10 - 20 (ideal for a small site)
http://www.pasthorizons.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=115

both are on offer.

Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
Mohandas Gandhi

First Aid Kits - Windbag - 28th July 2009

Excellent.

To broaden this topic slightly, I wonder what specific hazards field archaeologists face, and what a field archaeologist's first aid kit should have in it to anticipate these?

First Aid Kits - BAJR Host - 28th July 2009

Good idea ... remember of course that no drugs are allowed.. not even a cream for cut fingers!

Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
Mohandas Gandhi

First Aid Kits - BAJR Host - 28th July 2009

though you could have them added personally
(I even have a emergency dentist filling kit, which I have used on someone on an occasion in Georgia... lost filling, nearest dentist very very far away)

Mohandas Gandhi

First Aid Kits - Pippyn - 28th July 2009

Good stuff Smile

I got an eyeful of soil when close-range trowelling t'other day (it was delicate work in an awkward position...) so I'd recommend eye-wash solution and an eye bath.

First Aid Kits - Curator Kid - 28th July 2009

I was digging last year (yes I DO dig!) and a sliver of metal from a mattock flew off and went in my eye, so the eye-wash & bath idea is a good one. :face-approve:

First Aid Kits - Windbag - 28th July 2009

You can get special tweezers for removing ticks, which I would have found useful earlier this year after a site visit.

First Aid Kits - Austin Ainsworth - 28th July 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Pippyn

Good stuff Smile

I got an eyeful of soil when close-range trowelling t'other day (it was delicate work in an awkward position...) so I'd recommend eye-wash solution and an eye bath.
If you look up the advice from St. John's for what should be in a standard first aid kit, you'll find that eye baths are no longer considered suitable to be in the kit.

[Image: OZUJSKO.jpg]

First Aid Kits - kevin wooldridge - 28th July 2009

Surely the point of First Aid kits is that they should be suitable for the activity to which they are likely to be applied...in effect every archaeological project should be carrying out a risk assessment of the potential needs that a first-aid kit might have to cover.

St Johns Ambulance 'recommended' contents for first aid kits are to cover what they describe as 'low-risk' activities. I would guess that most archaeological projects are higher than 'low-risk'.

Personally I would include aspirin (to give to heart attack or stroke victims - remember the overweight machine driver, as I was told on a recent first aid course), eye bath, some kind of skin cream to relieve sunburn or wind chafe, salt tablets, charcoal tablets and one of those survival blanket things that marathon runners always have over their shoulders. I would also be happy to see condoms, tampons, sun cream, wet wipes and even Davids emergency dental equipment included in a site-related supplementary kit to the basic first aid box (dependant of course upon the location and specific project difficulties).

With peace and consolation hath dismist, And calm of mind all passion spent...

First Aid Kits - Curator Kid - 28th July 2009

I long for the day when I'll need an emergency condom actually on site. The best I've managed is needing one after a night out in the pub after work :face-approve:

"I'm a time traveller. I point and laugh at archaeologists."