The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed (/showthread.php?tid=1680)

Pages: 1 2 3

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - BAJR Host - 16th July 2009

I am writing from a TV production company, and we are currently filming a BBC documentary about the history of England, presented by Michael Wood. We have chosen the village of Kibworth, in Leicestershire, as our focus for the documentary, and on the weekend of the 25th July we are orchestrating a massive Kibworth archaeological dig.

I am contacting you to see whether you would be able to promote the dig on your site, perhaps on your blog? The aim is to find historical artifacts that will help us tell the story of Kibworth's history, and in turn the history of England. This will then become part of our 6 hour documentary series. We would really love to get interested people involved with the digging and hopefully make a great find.

Whilst this is aimed at amateurs we are hoping for a few professionals to come along in their free time. If you feel like this is something you could put onto your site you can find more information in the attached leaflet. Also take a look at this link for more news about the documentary: http://www.mayavisionint.com/English_Story

Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
Mohandas Gandhi

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - Gog - 16th July 2009

I like the handbook - I know some colleagues who could do with reading it.

Good old Michael Wood - I'd rather watch him than the menagerie of oddballs that TV archaeology routinely throws at us.

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - RedEarth - 17th July 2009

Hand on a minute - 'professionals.... come along in their own time', families digging small test pits in their back gardens, this all sounds strangely familiar. Good to see some originality in TV broadcasting.

Sorry, don't mean to be cynical I just can't help it.

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - Weegie - 17th July 2009

It does all sound a bit like the first TT 'Big Dig', doesn't it? Excellent research of this kind can be done, as Carenza Lewis has demonstrated in the village research projects that she has been involved in. Such work has to be effectively designed and supported, however, and the rather late call for volunteer professionals suggests that this project might not be. I hope I'm wrong about that.

As it happens, I and quite a few of my colleagues will be spending that weekend in the area, but we'll be at the EH Festival of History at Kelmarsh. Looking forward to bumping into other archaeologists in the pubs of Market Harborough over that weekend....

Brian

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - RedEarth - 17th July 2009

Last minute call for volunteer professionals (if that's not some sort of oxymoron) doesn't sound great does it!

I would imagine that excellent research of this type can be done, the Time Team Big Dig was a case where something good could have come out of it had it been a bit better thought out. I'm just not research agendas can be directed by TV companies...

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - BAJR Host - 17th July 2009

seen when its happening.. does seem a tad rushed.. and tv crew panic... where is everyone.. I hear them cry...

Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
Mohandas Gandhi

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - oldgirl - 17th July 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by BAJR Host

seen when its happening.. does seem a tad rushed.. and tv crew panic... where is everyone.. I hear them cry...

<hr>Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
Mohandas Gandhi

Well, perhaps 'everyone' is either off doint their own projects or oout of archaeology for a while.....

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - BAJR Host - 18th July 2009

perhaps they should be told... 'nows not a good time'

Mohandas Gandhi

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - oldgirl - 19th July 2009

But they'd probably have also been told that at the peak when we were all running around like mad things! B)

BBC documentary - Michael Wood - help needed - jcmaloney - 23rd July 2009

Well as I got the same of the Leicester Uni mailing list I`m popping along to asist as required.....time to get ones hands dirty for a good cause I guess.I`ll let you know how chaotic it is or not next week !!

Today is tomorrows yesterday.