The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog (/showthread.php?tid=166)

Pages: 1 2

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - drpeterwardle - 29th June 2006

I thought I would apologise the archaeology community about the fact that I am fairly grumpy this week.

I am trying to buy a new computer from Dell and it is not the most pleasurable experience. I have a blog running on the Dell bulletin board under the name Dell Rage - and I have the name wotnocomputer

http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=cc_general&message.id=80240&jump=true#M80240

What I would like to share with BAJR is the fact that they have taken UKP 250 off the price of the same computer so far. So if you are having dell hassles ask them for compensation

Dr Peter

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - garybrun - 29th June 2006

Go for it Peter Big Grin
Good read that was and well worth £250 dont you think??

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk
Recording OUR heritage for future generations.

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - BAJR Host - 29th June 2006

Cracking good read...

translate into life.... and you see what can be done!

[8D]

Another day another WSI?

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - the invisible man - 29th June 2006

Don't be fooled into paying for extended warranties or "next day on-site repair service". All you get is a call centre in India making you diagnose the fault, taking the back off and everything. It's quicker and cheaper to take the thing to a local repair man. I did that with a Dell after frustration with their call centre, and got it fixed next day for 30 quid.

We owe the dead nothing but the truth.

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - drpeterwardle - 1st July 2006

Thankyou for that BAJR collectively.

I even had a supportative email from a curator but as I say I have just a tad grumpy. I should have the new machine on Monday but this is were the hassle will start I have been using 64 bit computers for a msnu year. All sorts of software which I have been running for a long time on 64 bit computers I am told may not work with microsofts 64 bit software.

The entertaining bit is the origin of the word Dell. (Please remember this is both a scholarly and family forum and do not post any theories or discussion)}Smile[8D][8D]. I havent stopped laughing since I found out.

If it works said machine works should be able to cope with the demands of modern day archaeology.

Many thanks for you kind words.

Dell support are now asking me when they can contact me saying

"Darren is a pseudo name used by our rep to help customers understand his name

Kindly give us an opportunity to serve you better and restore your faith in Dell"

I bring this all to the attention of BAJR readers because via BAJR I knew the best course of attack

Dr Peter

The Power of BAJR

I will read all the posting (sorry too much time on support line)
of the last week in due course.

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - BAJR Host - 1st July 2006

It has been a roller coaster ride of emotions for us too.....

happiness is coming I hope! SadBig Grin

Another day another WSI?

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - Steve-B - 1st July 2006

Has anyone else had these problems with Dell?

When I opened the new shop not so long back, I have to say that my transaction went through smoothly... no problems whatsoever.

http://www.detector-distribution.co.uk

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - garybrun - 1st July 2006

Regarding 64bit computers.

I have been using the AMD64 for a couple of years now for audio/video editing. One of my video cards is VERY EXPENCIVE and was useless when I upgraded to 64 because there are no drivers available. So I tried a duel boot system...

If you are thinking of adding a duel boot system on a windows 64 do not add XP32 after as it can not recognise the windows 64 and will over write your first boot files. Believe me I know from past experience :face-thinks:

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - BAJR Host - 1st July 2006

now my head hurts.... [xx(]

Another day another WSI?

Apologies to BAJR et al and Blog - garybrun - 1st July 2006

Quote:quote:Originally posted by BAJR Host

now my head hurts.... [xx(]

Another day another WSI?

Take another parrot pill [?]