The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event (/showthread.php?tid=1633)

Pages: 1 2

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - BAJR Host - 17th June 2009

Well... are you?

Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.
Mohandas Gandhi

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - Unitof1 - 17th June 2009

i want to see who voted

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - RedEarth - 17th June 2009

Could you add, 'No, but I would like to be if I had the time/money available to cover the event/time'?

happens to me all the time Redearth, somebody plucks a festival of magic off the backs of archaeology and forgets to send you the dosh, they probably think that you are a charity like them. I bet they think that they are better than you and are doing it for some greater cause. Seems to me that most of the events were happening anyway and what they have done is created a website to point it out under one control. Why the use of the word festival, all true archaeologists carry maracas in their tool box and nobody likes a festival pooper, why those particular dates, its all part of the majic of A303

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - Wibblehead - 17th June 2009

10 events for me. Come the 18th i will be the proverbial blue-arsed fly. [xx(]

We run a lot of events throughout the year anyway, but we do put events on especially for the Festival. We use it as a focus for a couple of the bigger events.

We don't have any specific funding for NAW/FBA, so sacrifices have to be made along the way, but we are fortunate enough to have the freedom to be able to get involved because we can weave it into our everyday work quite nicely. I know this is not the same for many people. Now, more than ever, money is a crucial factor.

I'm still trying to get used to the FBA name as opposed to National Archaeology Week, though I am glad it has been extended to cover two weeks. In previous years the week fell just before the school hols hereabouts, so we missed a lot of the target audience.

ahaa
Quote:quoteConfusedchool hols hereabouts
I wondered how I had tuned into traffic jams on the A303
still they get a good look at stonehenge
Its all getting very circular
10 events, leave something for the rest of us?..
in light of the festival ambiance what are you going to wear?

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - Gilraen - 18th June 2009

I have a pair of maracas in my toolbox.

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - TheDoc - 18th June 2009

We are running our event on a free, but donations invited basis. Whether such can continue in the increasingly tight financial situation is a different matter.

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - Wibblehead - 19th June 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Unitof1

in light of the festival ambiance what are you going to wear?

clown suit.

[:o)]

~~~~~
Thunder rolled. ... It rolled a six.

I am involved in a Festival of Archaeology event - RedEarth - 19th June 2009

One of the difficulties of being involved if you are an entirely commercial company (or at least as commercial as it's possible to be in archaeology, oh my aching sides!), and I'm sure I'm stating the bleeding obvious is organising things so far in advance for a particular part of the year. For all I know that month might be quite quiet, it might not be, but I'm not going to turn down tenders on the off chance.

As for taking donations, I wonder where you stand as a wholly private limited company on that matter! Also, how do you work out the VAT? Takings for the day ?27.39 plus a couple of buttons, including VAT. Or do you expect everyone to add 15% - 'Sorry sir I can't accept 22p, it has to be 25.3p'