The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Time team America - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Time team America (/showthread.php?tid=1597)

Pages: 1 2

Time team America - BAJR Host - 30th May 2009

is that like Team America but without the puppets?

I love this clip as it brings a UK digger driver to show them the skill of a good JCB operator!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAfGnJ-RXdQ[/video] :face-huh:

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

Time team America - kevin wooldridge - 31st May 2009

.....eccentric Brit equals good TV for our American friends.

What I want to know is what a 'careful' machine driver could possibly be planning to do the archaeology with that toothed bucket....

With peace and consolation hath dismist, And calm of mind all passion spent...

Time team America - matthew.law - 31st May 2009

[:0]

A sorry sight for any of us who have had to argue for toothless buckets on a watching brief.

Still, Time Team America, sounds like a good thing to me. From what the American diggers I've met have said, it seems we're comparatively spoiled over here with the level of public awareness of archaeology.

Time team America - BRahn - 31st May 2009

You are (spoiled in terms of public awareness, that is). Let's hope it does half of what it's done over here--and that they aren't tempted to go down the Learning Channel/Discovery Channel route of 'let's bring Hitler into it and make things explode, that'll net us an audience!'

Actually, I'd never seen a toothless bucket until coming over here. Fortunately I'd also never seen a digger used for archaeology, either! Smile

Time team America - BAJR Host - 31st May 2009

Top post there BRahn

have to say, we can each learn from each other.... but gimmae a 1.2 m toothless flat bladed ditching bucket and a skilled driver... I get to train one tomorrow... ho hum!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

Time team America - oldgirl - 1st June 2009

Sorry, I'm sure he's a great driver, but a hard hat wouldn't have helped much if he'd sneezed whilst peeling that banana. I'm more worried about that than the toothed bucket. I've known fantastic drivers who could do all sorts of tricks and had amazing control, but why risk it for a stunt?

I'll go and sit in the corner with my kill-joy hat on now.... sorry!

Time team America - garybrun - 1st June 2009

Sorry, I'm sure he's a great driver, but a hard hat wouldn't have helped much if he'd sneezed whilst peeling that banana.

Well she could have dropped it on the floor and somboody could have slipped on it too. :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce70k5ewGpA

Website for responsible Metal Detecting
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk
Recording Our Heritage For Future Generations.

Indeed, but there are accidents and accidents......

Told you I was in a killjoy mood!

He's obviously a very good driver and very trustworthy. But I've been in a trench when a machine reversed into it just due to the driver not paying attention to what he was doing for a moment. They're incredibly useful and I wouldn't want to do fieldwork without them (I've done opening trenches by hand when they could have been done by machine - what a waste of time), but I think we all get a bit blase about them sometimes.....

PS Sorry, I would've loved to comment on the video, but unfortunately my work computer doesn't want to play it.....

PPS Hosty, can I have a killjoy smiley?? [:p]

BAJR adds >

like this?? :face-huh:

[Image: thumbs%2Bdown%2Bsmiley.png]