The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
New Planning Policy Statement - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Planning Policy Statement (/showthread.php?tid=1595)

Pages: 1 2

New Planning Policy Statement - Weegie - 29th May 2009

Some of you may have seen this already, but for those who have not, we are now promised that the draft PPS (replacing PPGs 15 and 16) will now be released for consultation "this summer": http://www.helm.org.uk/upload/pdf/HPR-Newsletter-Apr092.pdf?1242909882. Note that this will comprise the PPS itself, which is expected to be a short summary of general principles, and accompanying guidance. I understand that this is expected to appear in June.

That's as much as I know.....

Brian

New Planning Policy Statement - Talisien - 29th May 2009

Is 'skilling' some form of archaic rowing? :face-huh:

New Planning Policy Statement - wombat - 3rd June 2009

I won't hold my breath. All change if(when) the Tories get in, I don't think it is in their agenda to support the reforms.

PS: Skilling is a new word from the school of 'noun verbification'. It comes to us from across the pond. Look for other great non-words such as 'incentivising', 'surveilling' and 'dialogueing' coming to a Power Point Presentation near you!!

Also perhaps, trowelling, mattocking and shovelling....

New Planning Policy Statement - Weegie - 4th June 2009

Or my least favourite, 'critiqueing'. Sad

Back to the subject, I don't think the PPS is going to be a political football, although of course anything is possible in the current political climate. Heritage Protection Reform is likely to be a different matter as you suggest.

New Planning Policy Statement - Curator Kid - 4th June 2009

Given the recent support we haven't been receiving from EH, I'd suggest that the initial "S" in the Phrase "Skilling the Sector" could usefully be removed, to provide a more accurate statement of what's currently going on [xx(]

New Planning Policy Statement - vulpes - 4th June 2009

Ummm... I'm not sure where your information is from Wombat. But, at a recent meeting in which the Heritage Bill was discussed it was stated that Ed Vaizey (Shadow Minister for Culture) had indicated that the Tories would re-introduce the bill in the 2nd / 3rd session of a new parliament. This of course remains to be seen....

New Planning Policy Statement - YellowPete - 4th June 2009

sounds like the dreaded 'list' issue has arizen.

how can they broaden access to information unless peopl have a computer with enough processing power or even access to a GIS compatible with downloadable 'open software'.

i think this is a run before walking because people need to be able to manage the data consistently enough across the industry to be able to bring that to fruition.

that is unless every HER is going to get their own GIS suit.

on top of that what then happpens to the local authorities and the NGO with vast trackls of responsibilities.

these are being takled at an infastructure level, but whoever sets it up, is then going to have to move on to set up the next and then eventually a posse will have to broadly manage it all.

as for the rest

'me' and 'depth' and 'no touching' come to mind

mike

txt is
Mike

New Planning Policy Statement - wombat - 4th June 2009

i stand corrected vulpes.

I think i heard it from 'some bloke down the pub'

New Planning Policy Statement - Weegie - 9th June 2009

There has been a short discussion of the new PPS and other heritage matters in the Commons: http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200809/cmhansrd/cm090608/debtext/90608-0002.htm#0906083000021

Brian

New Planning Policy Statement - BAJR Host - 9th June 2009

thanks for sharing that... I think we all look forward to this consultation!

as an aside

I like this exchange...
David Taylor (North-West Leicestershire) (Lab/Co-op): Can my hon. Friend tell the House what progress has been made in resolving the various disputes about the options for development close to, and around, Stonehenge?

Barbara Follett: We are making quite a few advances on the issue. We have decided that the new visitors? centre will be at Airman?s Corner.

Mr. Don Foster (Bath) (LD): At last!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli