The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone (/showthread.php?tid=1594)

Pages: 1 2 3

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - BAJR Host - 28th May 2009

I am sad to say that my mother died today at 11am this morning - it was a relief from the suffering of dementia that took away the lovely woman she was. I was told of her sudden turn for the worse in Croatia where I was on survey.. and I tried hard to get back, but sadly, I missed her passing by hours. But she knew I tried and loved her very much. I must thanks the survey team for their understanding and special thanks go to Andrew and Helene Card who had come all the way from Australia, to our own Oz who stepped forward and is still there finishing the loose ends and great love to Jon Welsh and the lovely Tanya for driving us as fast as they could from London Stanstead when all other means of getting to my mother seemed hopeless. With friends like that and friends like you all I am so grateful.

She believed in me enough when I was 13 to allow me to go on an excavation in the Wye Valley, and supported me through every turn of my archaeology (both right and wrong) - and to honour her selfless commitment to supporting daft young kids to follow the path of archaeology I will soon be creating the Eleanor Donaldson Fund - which will support pre university access to archaeology.

At the end she died peacefully, and that is more than any can ask, and so I wish to celebrate her with something she would appreciate.

For those that knew her, or met her, or laughed at her quirky letters or spoke to her on the phone when she ran the admin side of BAJR - then we have all lost someone precious.

David

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - garybrun - 28th May 2009

Sorry to hear that David and yes I remember speaking to her quite a few times over the years.
You have your memories... and those are very precious.
Let me know when you fix the fund and I will send a donation.
I myself don't have any as I have lived in children's homes during my child hood and would have given anything for a loving mother.
Take care mate.
Thinking of you.

Gary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ce70k5ewGpA

Website for responsible Metal Detecting
http://www.ukdfd.co.uk
Recording Our Heritage For Future Generations.

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - Paul Belford - 28th May 2009

Very sorry to hear your news; my thoughts are with you and your family.

best wishes

Paul

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - BAJR Host - 29th May 2009

thank you

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - diggingthedirt - 29th May 2009

Sorry for your loss. Wishing all the best from here in Ireland.

http://www.diggingthedirt.com

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - gorilla - 29th May 2009

Sorry for your loss David. My mother died a few years back (another person suffering from dementia). And likewise, I too missed her passing away (by an hour) as I was away elsewhere. Furthermore, she too allowed me to be different and be myself - she inspired me to take up this odd career we call archaeology.

You have my deepest sympathy

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - Pippyn - 29th May 2009

My thoughts are with you. Best wishes to you and yours.

Steph

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - monty - 29th May 2009

Sorry to hear of your loss David. I too missed my mother's death by an hour and my sympathies are with you. my mother also always supported and encouraged my direction in life and career in archaeology.

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - renegades - 29th May 2009

I feel so sorry for your loss david.. my wife and i truly know how you must feel as my wifes mother passed away not so long ago, Your mother clearly saw in her 13 year old son someone special and that is reason enough to allow you to follow your path,and i am sure she was very proud of you
Gary and Jasmina

Gary Cullen
Teodora Drajzera 8 Topcider
11040,Belgrade,Serbia
Tel:062 230 855

Sad News - BAJRs Mother has gone - Wibblehead - 29th May 2009

I echo renegades post.
Very sorry, for your loss; my thoughts are with you.

~~~~~
Thunder rolled. ... It rolled a six.