The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Can you offer any advice or guidance? - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Can you offer any advice or guidance? (/showthread.php?tid=1590)

Can you offer any advice or guidance? - simon73 - 25th May 2009

hoping that someone will give me some advice. I have been out of archaeology for 4 years now due to a mental health problems. I write as I seem to have forgot much of what I would consider basic elements of archaeology such as drawings and using the levels. This forgetfulness is due to server depression and anxiety also can be a pain up the a***. Someone told me you have not forgot what you have learnt it will come back to you so long as you let any would be employer know what caused this. I am unsure if it will.:face-thinks:

Can I join a course to get me back on track or to retrain in the subject that I love so much

Many thanks for your time

Can you offer any advice or guidance? - troll - 25th May 2009

Evening to you.

Straight off the bat, I would suggest that a period of volunteering with a professional unit would be the way to go. You`l be surprised at just how much your memories will open all the appropriate boxes once your back in context. The skills are stiil there-just stored in a filing system that simply needs prodding! Please don`t see your struggles as a negative, I`m convinced that having endured them, you may find a new perspective in your approach to the subject. "What doesn`t kill us will make us strong"!

Also- congratulations in being so open and honest. Respect to you in bucketloads. Go get your life back and keep us in touch.:face-approve:

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)

Can you offer any advice or guidance? - Kel - 26th May 2009

Perhaps you could attend one of the many field schools around the country? Not really as training for you, but as a confidence booster and a gentle way to warm up. You could turn up as just another member of the public - nobody needs to know your background unless you want them to - and get your head back into the job at a calm pace, in a friendly and supportive environment.

I'm sure once you get back onsite, you'll remember far more than you imagine you will.

Good luck to you.

Can you offer any advice or guidance? - simon73 - 27th May 2009

many thanks to you both for help and understanding. Thank you