The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable (/showthread.php?tid=1541)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - BAJR Host - 28th April 2009

Well, I was sceptical, had seen them before in the hands of US shovelbums, and thought.... no NO NO NEVER, like a crazed Ian Paisley (can you get a crazed Paisley or is that impossible)

But they did seem to make rather tidy trenches, cut fine sections and the like... so I toyed with it, but felt like I had just had a brief fling and ran back as a supplicant to my faithfull WHS pointing trowel

What am I talking about?? well it is the Margin trowel..

Now I have had a chance to use it again.. and learn its subtle ways, and its long 5" blade feels strange at first.. but then... wow... I like it.. I like it alot... tell you, I feel like a real pro now.. with my selection of trowels for all occasions...

Will it replace my WHS pointing trowel.. nope, but can it do stuff it can't... YES. so its another useful tool... and I'm sticking with it.. Maggie ain't getting it back... }Smile

WE managed to get a good deal, and so it comes in at under a tenner.. have a gander.. and remember... don't knock it till you tried it! And it is WHS/Tyzack.. so no cheap tat here!

http://www.pasthorizons.com/shop/default.asp?mod=product&cat_id=1&product_id=82

Remember... you saw it here first... :face-approve:

[Image: margintrowel.jpg]

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - Austin Ainsworth - 28th April 2009

Dave, you've gone too far. Go and stand in a corner with your face to the wall and reflect on the error of your ways.

*What is the world coming to - tut tut* Smile

[Image: visigoth.jpg]

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - Plautus - 28th April 2009

Seems pointless to me......snhhh, snhhh, snhhh.

Actually if i get some more work on I may treat myself.

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - Wibblehead - 29th April 2009

hmmm :face-huh:
am sceptical. looks a bit unwieldy. though i can see how it might make a nice square bottom to sections.

You said...
'Will it replace my WHS pointing trowel.. nope, but can it do stuff it can't... YES.'

Go on then, give us an example. [:p]

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - BAJR Host - 29th April 2009

Well, sections are easier. and broad sweep troweling on non stoney ground.

Its a bit like having a couple or three guitars if you are a professional musician -

It does take a bit of getting used to, as you are not angling the blade to the ground, but holding it parrallel. That said, as one American said to me... it stops you poking little holes... Smile

Many Americans have one of each.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

'it stops you poking little holes'

that could sell it to me, as part of the toolkit for community excavation. It's a tool you could give to a volunteer who has the tendancy to mine holes, to help them understand the concept of taking layers off.

I like. :face-approve:

~~~~~
Thunder rolled. ... It rolled a six.

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - C41 - 29th April 2009

Good for working on sand or cleaning sections - I've been using a Marsheltown type 54 since 94 - they even produce a heavy duty version

http://www.marshalltown.com/Products.aspx?D=900&S=902&C=C9004

[Image: DIARY3_10.jpg]

a slightly old photo the blade now resembles a butter knife maybe its time to a new one

coooo...
pretty shiny handle on the fourth one!

(I'm so easily amused [:I])

~~~~~
Thunder rolled. ... It rolled a six.

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - monty - 29th April 2009

........I always thought Ian Paisley was crazed ...!!!

Latest trowel for the Past Horizons Stable - BAJR Host - 29th April 2009

WEll... I felt the way to show you just what we have been missing all those years... ! This is a BAJR infomercial [:p]

I tell you - I'm wasted on archaeology... Wink

It really does show you just how this can be used though. (no contexts were harmed in the making of this film!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70fOe6RHevI[/video]

Niccolo Machiavelli