The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: New Map Directory of Archaeology societies (/showthread.php?tid=1523)

Pages: 1 2

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - BAJR Host - 21st April 2009

http://www.bajr.org/WhoseWho/ArchSoc.asp

Just to let people know, BAJR has collected as many active fieldwork archaeology societies in Britian as I could find online. (with websites)

If I have missed any, please let me know directly, and I will add - if appropriate. I tried to be methodical by going county by county.

It does graphicly show there is a great opportunity for getting involved.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - mattockman - 21st April 2009

Not sure why but Cambridge Archaeology Field Group seem to be on North Yorkshire. [:0]

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - Oxbeast - 21st April 2009

They're probably wearing cunning disguises, involving whippets and flat caps.

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - mattockman - 21st April 2009

Have you ever tried wearing a whippet? Harder than it looks. First rabbit it sees, its gone. Can never find the zip either.

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - angi - 21st April 2009

Cool!

I am Madam Chair of the Coventry lot by the way }Smile (no, I don't have a life away from archaeology).

I shall have to make sure our webmasters do their thing extra specially now we have that link [:I]

Cheers!

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - kevin wooldridge - 21st April 2009

Congrats. Great Idea...

But would I be right David in thinking that you have produced an interactive map ahead of the Council for British Archaeology who maybe have a responsibility for this kind of thing.

I think this is clear evidence of your intention to take over single- handedly the running and membership vetting of the organisations included in this map and its about time someone stood up and said enough. er.....enough!!

PS Whats the secret code to unlock the level of map that shows where we intend to strike on day 1 of the anarchist revolution?.....

With peace and consolation hath dismist, And calm of mind all passion spent...

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - RedEarth - 21st April 2009

This is great, very useful.

Would you able to include societies that don't have websites in some way? I know a few that might like to be on but aren't very up to date with such things. Also, I noticed some errors and I'm sure once the societies themselves find out they are on there they will notice them too, so I might send them by email. Only two groups in the whole of Wales though, surely not!

Nice timing by the way, perhaps the CBA could have put something like this together, if they weren't too busy flapping over their rabid forum!

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - BAJR Host - 22nd April 2009

I have actually emailed every one of them.. (found a few dud emails too!) to ask if I got it right...

I am sure the CBA could do this, but now they don't have too... but I do have a link to the Community Archaeology Forum.. I don't mind supporting them.

A concept I may move on (I had to just use ones with websites to start with ... took me bloody ages!!)
is those without, and being able to offer a page presence.

AS to another clear example of world domination... well.. I just do... I like what I do... and er... well... I have said too much... but the password to the missing level is St@L1n

Smile

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."
Niccolo Machiavelli

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - BAJR Host - 22nd April 2009

Many thanks to those who have alrady got in touch ( I should also say I have emailed all the socieites to let them know too.. with only a few email bounces) and I can now confirm that the Cambridge Archaeology Field Group has now returned south, after its journey up to near Leeds ( ooops)

I have added a few more in Scotland and Wales... but if you do know of more... then let me know... all I would need is a web address

Niccolo Machiavelli

New Map Directory of Archaeology societies - RedEarth - 22nd April 2009

I'm sure it will grow and grow once word gets around. Perhaps it will encourage those groups that don't have a website to get one.

The CBA community archaeology forum is one of the most useful things they provide so hopefully the two things can compliment each other nicely.