The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
What should the level of the 2009 pay rise be - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: What should the level of the 2009 pay rise be (/showthread.php?tid=1467)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

What should the level of the 2009 pay rise be - drpeterwardle - 31st March 2009

Benfits such as pension, holidays, sick pay, IFA subs, etc are all part of an employment package when above the legal requirements and are part of a salary. Dare I say it so is free accommodation in many circumstances.

I have made the point earlier is that these fringe benefits do not put up the basic wage. I have also said I think for many people an increase in the basic pay is better than benefits. Yes some of the benefits have come because of recent change in the law but surely this means some diggers are better off because of it.

I thought that temp staff had to be treated in the same way as permanent staff under the recent law changes. So how do companies get away from with a qualifing period for sick pay?

The amounts I calculated are the equivalents you have to pay somebody if you do not give those fringe benefits based upon the criteria published by the IFA.

Peter

What should the level of the 2009 pay rise be - Oxbeast - 1st April 2009

"I thought that temp staff had to be treated in the same way as permanent staff under the recent law changes. So how do companies get away from with a qualifing period for sick pay?"

giving permanent staff the same qualifying period or breaking employment law.

What should the level of the 2009 pay rise be - Talisien - 7th April 2009

This is the relevant link on the DWP pages:

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefits/statutory_sick_pay.asp

and this is what it says for people with contracts of 3 months or less:

From 27 October 2008 restrictions that prevented payment of SSP to Agency workers whose contracts are for 3 months of less have been removed.

SSP is payable to you in exactly the same was as it is payable to other employees, if you meet the qualifying conditions for payment. It remains payable while you are working on an assignment or are under contract with your agency.