The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact (/showthread.php?tid=1312)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Gilraen - 11th January 2009

Isn't Dirk Pitt the one out of Boogie Nights? (Red Earth)

I think that was Dirk Diggler - but it looks like at least someione fancies his chances of charming his way through the forest!

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Petethedig - 14th January 2009

Dirk is the quite type, strong, but in touch with his sensitive side! :0) Having read all his tales, he is by far the most under rated archaeologist I've met outside of Mark Horton. Raise the Titanic was another film he did besides his recent adventure on the big screen! Sahara.

Recording is a privilage not a rite!

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Wibblehead - 14th January 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Dirty Dave Lincoln

This list should have had Dr.Daniel Jackson on it:face-approve:-not only does he have the backing of the rest of SG1, but he also has access to some really cool alien technology + he did find the lost city of the ancients AND Atlantis!!!!!!!!!Wink

I have to say i was looking for Daniel Jackson too. He would have won my vote! Brains and floppy hair; as-big-a-winner as guns and boobs in my book.

[8D]

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 14th January 2009

And he's a better role-model for young,aspiring and up and coming archaeologists:face-approve:
He would have found the treasure in half the time as well me thinks; quickly beaming up to the Daedalus in orbit,scan the planet and beam down to its location, and then after translating whatever ancient language home again with the treasure in time for Jack to watch his favourite program.
How much easier could it be!!!!

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Wibblehead - 14th January 2009

geek Smile

~~~~~
Thunder rolled. ... It rolled a six.

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Curator Kid - 15th January 2009

Wouldn't Daniel Jackson have an unfair advantage over the others though? As a twice formerly-ascended being, he could probably just breeze around with his Ancient chum Morgan Le Fay picking up treasure from any old lost city he fancied. Assuming that Morgan survived the fight with Adria after The Ori were destroyed and she took their power that is. Maybe this poll is correct in limiting the choices to normal non-enhanced humans?*

* - Silicon enhancements aside, obviously [:p]

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - RedEarth - 15th January 2009

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Curator Kid

Wouldn't Daniel Jackson have an unfair advantage over the others though? As a twice formerly-ascended being, he could probably just breeze around with his Ancient chum Morgan Le Fay picking up treasure from any old lost city he fancied. Assuming that Morgan survived the fight with Adria after The Ori were destroyed and she took their power that is. Maybe this poll is correct in limiting the choices to normal non-enhanced humans?*

Is there an internet forum in the world that doesn't end up discussing Sci-fi TV programmes at some point! I've no objection, even though I've pretty much no idea what you are talking about, I just wondered if it was something to do with the magnetic field emitted by computer screens or something...

* - Silicon enhancements aside, obviously [:p]

Fight for the loot (sorry.. ) er Artefact - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 15th January 2009

Some people would say that sci-fi and archaeology are quite similar;archaeology is a science,and some site reports are little better than fiction-so put the two together and you get science fiction:face-stir:

Some people would say that sci-fi and archaeology are quite similar;archaeology is a science,and some site reports are little better than fiction-so put the two together and you get science fiction:face-stir:

I prefer to think of archaeology as a social science (let's face it, it's not particularly scientific and anyway, how can anything be scientific when it is virtually impossible to repeat the experiment with the exactly the same conditions). That gives you social science-fiction, or soc-sci-fi as I have just christened it (and I reserve all copyright and trade marking!) That sounds a bit like a cross between East Enders and Big Brother though!

Quote:quote:Originally posted by RedEarth

I prefer to think of archaeology as a social science (let's face it, it's not particularly scientific and anyway, how can anything be scientific when it is virtually impossible to repeat the experiment with the exactly the same conditions). That gives you social science-fiction, or soc-sci-fi as I have just christened it (and I reserve all copyright and trade marking!) That sounds a bit like a cross between East Enders and Big Brother though!

Or is soc-sci-fi stories based entirely on the Sockulot empire and its continuing war againts the evil Pantulons?!