The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Look UP! - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Look UP! (/showthread.php?tid=1264)

Look UP! - BAJR Host - 5th December 2008

Att eh top of the page... you will see an advert for my good friends at Orkney UHI.

Now I ain't saying nothing more than... THink About the possibility!

A Year, with Maintenance and Fees PAID! ... in ORKNEY! While gettign an MA in Archaeological Practice! And investigating some of the bestest archaeology in the UK!

better than the dole??? :face-huh:

Give Martin a ring on the number above! 01856 569000 and ask for Martin Carruthers.

Worth a go! :face-approve:

"Gie's a Job.."
Prof. 'Dolly' Parton

Look UP! - achingknees - 5th December 2008

It's what many of the redundant finance sector people are doing. Not going to Orkney, but re-training and acquiring new skills.

Of course, there are probably many other vocational archaeological courses (MA, MSc) out there. Also, courses that could have a practical application eg surveying, photography, GIS, computing etc. Anybody know of a good resource for such?

Look UP! - amber - 5th December 2008

Aren't those who live in England, barred from funding though?

Look UP! - Oxbeast - 5th December 2008

This page explains the SAAS funding Amber.
http://www.student-support-saas.gov.uk/home.htm

Weirdly, there is not an option on the front page for 'my home is not in Scotland and I am a UK national'

My suggestion is to talk to Martin....

I will check on this ... but it is possible that you could be in Scotland if you get the grant...

"Gie's a Job.."
Prof. 'Dolly' Parton

http://www.student-support-saas.gov.uk/student_support/residence_conditions.htm

Mostly you will be domiciled in Scotland .. however.. this does not mean that you will be excluded if you don't.. see the link

"Gie's a Job.."
Prof. 'Dolly' Parton

Look UP! - kevin wooldridge - 5th December 2008

Whatever happened to the court case of that Orcadian who recently claimed that the islands still belonged to Norway? Could be a boon for Orkney students as there are no tuition charges in Norwegian universities.....

Look UP! - Drunky - 8th December 2008

I am from Wales and had no trouble getting the course fees paid for though the Orkney college fund, also on the whole i thought the course was very good and gave a good grounding in a quite a range of practical subjects, (office work and fieldwork)there was plenty of opportunity to work with the trust and the geofizz unit and some times i got paid which saw me through the lean times.

Look UP! - troll - 11th December 2008

Hmmmmm, let me see....
Orkney, midges, cold, damp and sheep.
Cyprus, mozzies, hot, dry and goats. Tough call guys.:face-huh:

..knowledge without action is insanity and action without knowledge is vanity..(imam ghazali,ayyuhal-walad)