The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 783 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 783 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(844) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(844) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 844 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 909 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 909 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5010 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5010 errorHandler->error
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7045 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7045 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5030 is_member
/global.php 909 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

BAJR Federation Archaeology
Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - Printable Version

+- BAJR Federation Archaeology (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk)
+-- Forum: BAJR Federation Forums (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The Site Hut (http://www.bajrfed.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Heritage Protection Bill Dropped (/showthread.php?tid=1260)

Pages: 1 2 3

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - gorilla - 3rd December 2008

Sorry to bring this up... and awaiting some probably justified backlash...

All this, yet good 'ole Tessa Jowell has just said that the Olympics is costing £100m per month. Maybe great for London and the rest of the UK (eventually) and maybe "The Olympics is essentially economic gold at a time of economic need - a shot in the arm for investment" (her quote).

A shot in the head for heritage

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - Curator Kid - 3rd December 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Weegie

...the Government's firm commitment to the Heritage Protection Reform programme...

Ha ha ha! I think I've just wet myself!

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - BAJR Host - 3rd December 2008

firm as an incontinent camel poo

"Gie's a Job.."
Prof. 'Dolly' Parton

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - BAJR Host - 3rd December 2008

at least I won't have to eat my hard hat!

"Gie's a Job.."
Prof. 'Dolly' Parton

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - drpeterwardle - 3rd December 2008

I have to say that having read the bill in some detail I think it was premature to present it to Parliament. It would have taken up alot of time amending it so that it was a workable framework.

Not least how long it would take to get a consent for a listed building near a river with bats present.

The NRA have to give their approval before the LPA will consider it
If the LPA are going to grant consent then EH have a month to decide if they are going to consider it in detail. If EH are going to consider the application in detail they have an unspecified amount of time to do this. Once the consent has been granted and all the conditions discharged then Natural England will take about 8 weeks to grant the licence. In all the process will take of the order of nine months.

And of course before the application can be submitted the bat and conservation statements have to be prepared which take a few months.

Peter Wardle

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - Weegie - 4th December 2008

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Curator Kid

Quote:quote:Originally posted by Weegie

...the Government's firm commitment to the Heritage Protection Reform programme...

Ha ha ha! I think I've just wet myself!

You may say that. I couldn't possibly comment.:face-huh:

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - m300572 - 4th December 2008

"Posted - 03/12/2008 : 17:40:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not least how long it would take to get a consent for a listed building near a river with bats present.

Ask me nicely, I'll sort it for you!

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - Dirty Dave Lincoln - 5th December 2008

I think this bill only really stood a chance of being introduced during times of plenty, in a recession any thing that smacks of being a luxory or indulgence was going to be dropped.
After all-how many people in the government would be saying we should be looking forward to the future and not back to the past?

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - 1man1desk - 5th December 2008

Posted by Dr Peter Wardle:
Quote:quote:The NRA have to give their approval before the LPA will consider it
The NRA? How many years is it since they became the Environment Agency? There's one amendment required for a start!

1man1desk

to let, fully furnished

Heritage Protection Bill Dropped - kevin wooldridge - 5th December 2008

I wonder if Peter has a different draft of the bill to the rest of us.

I just checked on the DCMS website and the draft of the bill they have for viewing doesn't mention once the National Rivers Authority nor the Environment Agency. And given Peter's proposed scenario, perhaps it should....